PDA

View Full Version : Video Project

Redenbacher
November 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Hey everyone, I wanted to ask the Ubuntu community for some help with something... I'm helping out a mass media project to earn some extra credit, all that I ask of you guys is to watch this video:

Addiction, The Movie: Trailer (http://digg.com/videos/people/Trailer_Addiction_the_Movie)

And generate some buzz about it. Discuss it in this forum, basically the more people that see it, the more credit I get for my efforts. I really appreciate this everyone! Thanks!

Description:
"Addiction exposes the dark and dirty underbelly of those "so called social networks."

This docudrama is so shocking that much of it has been transformed into an animated cartoon to hide the identities of many of the innocent victims.

This trailer is but a small taste of the unbelievable horror that you will be revealed when this film is released!

Vadi
November 30th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I didn't quite get the point the trailer was trying to convey..

murt
November 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM
ehm.... what is it about!?

Redenbacher
December 1st, 2007, 06:13 AM
The video is a trailer for a movie that will be revealing the dark underbelly of social networks such as myspace and facebook, as it says in the description. I'll put a better description in my original post ;)

Redenbacher
December 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
*Bump*

Redenbacher
December 3rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
Ask yourself this... don't you think it's a little sketchy that there is a a plethora of social networking sites, free of charge, where people put tons of personal information about themselves, willingly? How do you think corporations view and manipulate this massive amount of information about the consumer?

Acglaphotis
December 4th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Idk, probably using it to provide relevant ads.

Redenbacher
December 4th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Providing relevant ads, correct. Huge databases are filled daily with tons of information about YOU, I don't know the whole story behind this video coming out on the 7th, probably only a little more than you do, but I'd like to see what it has to show about these networking sites. I can not believe that they are there solely for our benefit...