PDA

View Full Version : kde4daily Virtualbox image

Jiraiya_sama
November 30th, 2007, 03:31 AM
The Kde4daily qemu image lets you run a version of kubuntu running an svn version of KDE4, with daily updates, to follow along on KDE4's progress and help with bug reporting.

This is a conversion of the original qemu image to run on virtualbox.

http://linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=4932

Hope you guys enjoy it.

--Edit--

I replaced the old torrent with one with a much, much smaller file (~800mb). If you had started downloading the old one, switch to the new one as I am axing it as soon as I load the new one onto my macserver.

-grubby
November 30th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I will enjoy it...I promise

Jiraiya_sama
November 30th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Oh yeah. Please stay on for a bit and seed if you download this. My internet's bandwidth caps at ~80 kb/s upload, so I cannot seed a large (3.5GB) file like this myself.

gamma
December 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
I strongly recommend converting the image to virtualbox and using that. Qemu is nice because it's open, but Virtualbox is much faster. I booted the image in 1/4 the time with virtualbox. It's a cool little system they have, I used it for a little while, but have moved to compiling kde via SVN.

luca.b
December 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
You can auto-update the image, as well. Also there's a file in the image that tells you the SVN revision with which it was made - very handy for reporting bugs.