PDA

View Full Version : *Invitations Open For Gmail Accounts!*

XDevHald
September 5th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Hello there!

I am inviting 99 users from Ubuntu Forums to grab a hold of a Gmail account while I still have them. If you would like one, please contact me by Private Message only and provide me with your e-mail address only.

Grab'em while you can!

Lovechild
September 5th, 2005, 07:53 PM
I was under the impression that gmail was now open to all

XDevHald
September 5th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I was under the impression that gmail was now open to all
For Mobile Phones Only. A direct link is not provided on their web page, unless someone can prove otherwise.

byen
September 5th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Grab'em while you can!????
havnt they been there forever now? ive been sending a lot of invitations (which were used) but never seem to run out...but yeah... why not..... ;)

XDevHald
September 5th, 2005, 08:01 PM
havnt they been there forever now? ive been sending a lot of invitations (which were used) but never seem to run out...but yeah... why not..... ;)
Forgive me for being blunt when I type this.
(Not everyone has one, nor have a lot of people been able to get one for quite some time. Though a lot of people have the access to invite, others don't have access to get one, so please ignore from replying to this thread if you're going to bash this topic.)

This was not made for bashing nor will it be allowed. For those that would like a Gmail account, again, please contact either I or someone who you might know that has access to sending you an invitation to do so.

Thank You.

byen
September 5th, 2005, 08:06 PM
no no no... you got me all wrong here.. my intention was to in noway bash the thread... infact it was someone like you who sent me an invitation so that i could have one:)... i think it is a good idea. but when you said "grab em while you can" i thought maybe google was takin the invations off...thats all.. :grin:

yeah ..have to agree..not everyone has em.. this might be a good place...atleast for those here... UMmm 2+ GB \\:D/ and now the Messenger too.....NICE!!

xequence
September 5th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Even after all this time it is still in beta o.o

GMail rocks :) 2.5GB+ of space. I have it =O

XDevHald
September 5th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Again, for those that are interested in getting a hold of a Gmail Account, please contact me by Private Message to get one. Provide your primary e-mail address for the invite to be sent to. They're going pretty quick, so please be sure to contact me if you need one.

If someone else has an account that can offer more that would be great.

Thanks!

Ampersand
September 5th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I've got just under 100 as well. After sending out a few, it got reset to 100 again...

WildTangent
September 5th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Even after all this time it is still in beta o.o

GMail rocks :) 2.5GB+ of space. I have it =O
i think they want to keep it in the "beta" form for a while, and keep the invite system so that it doesnt turn out like hotmail, used by spammers, and every kid from 4th grade and up...or possibly even earlier o.o i personally like it better this way...its that much more exclusive

-Wild

XDevHald
September 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM
i think they want to keep it in the "beta" form for a while, and keep the invite system so that it doesnt turn out like hotmail, used by spammers, and every kid from 4th grade and up...or possibly even earlier o.o i personally like it better this way...its that much more exclusive

-Wild
Agreed with WildTangent. Look at all the damn spammers we have these days using hotmails e-mail addy to advertise so much garbage, yeah there are many other services out there that have this same issue, but hotmail is the #1 service that really has an issue with this.

I don't find them dealing with it as it's just a small ant on the floor to them that doesn't seem to bother them at all :p

majikstreet
September 5th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I Have 100 invites too, replenished every day I think..

PM me with your email and name and I'll send one over to ya.

XDevHald
September 6th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I Have 100 invites too, replenished every day I think..

PM me with your email and name and I'll send one over to ya.
Thanks majikstreet, mine are going by really fast as we speak and my inbox is filling up to quickly.

papangul
September 6th, 2005, 02:50 AM
One can get it from here: http://bytetest.com/ :)
If you have surplus invites you may donate it to the bytetest pool (Xenolith0 at bytetest dot com).

bored2k
September 6th, 2005, 02:52 AM
A thread already exists. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=18397