PDA

View Full Version : Colony CD 4 is ready

newbie2
September 5th, 2005, 02:22 PM
The fourth test release of the upcoming Ubuntu Linux 5.10 "Breezy Badger" is available for download and testing: "Colony CD 4 is ready. This will be the last Colony CD release before the Breezy preview, so any testing you can provide is appreciated. If you test it, be sure to send us a report to ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com. Significant installer changes since Colony 3 include: many fixes to the live CD, including usplash integration; GRUB tries harder to boot even when the BIOS fails to pass a boot drive; APT configuration when the network is unavailable should now be much faster...." Read the rest of the release announcement for further details. Download (MD5): breezy-install-i386.iso (610MB) and breezy-live-i386.iso (669MB). BitTorrent seeds, as well as ISO images for the PowerPC and AMD64 architectures, are also available.
http://distrowatch.com/

felipe
September 5th, 2005, 02:48 PM
unfortunately the installer stops during second stage install, at libgtk2.0-bin

too many errors, i'll send a bug report

TravisNewman
September 5th, 2005, 02:55 PM
what does it do? It's possible you got a bad burn.

I'm downloading this as we speak. but then, I'm contractually obligated with Canonical to test every release ;) It's fun though.

zenwhen
September 5th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I am downloading as we speak, and will test as much as possible.

sapo
September 5th, 2005, 04:31 PM
what does it do? It's possible you got a bad burn.

I'm downloading this as we speak. but then, I'm contractually obligated with Canonical to test every release ;) It's fun though.
kinda of a nice taks hm? :D

TravisNewman
September 5th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Yeah. I'm on the laptop testing team, so I've been keeping up with it and testing the heck out of it. It's VERY nice now. Mostly no bugs at all.

escuchamezz
September 5th, 2005, 06:12 PM
doesn't even install from me, great work chumps :???:

KiwiNZ
September 5th, 2005, 08:56 PM

It would be more usefull to say why it didnt install and to file bug reports etc as opposed to using
terms such as "great work chumps".

After all it is a Beta release for testing :roll:

SqdnGuns
September 5th, 2005, 09:12 PM

Real constructive ...................IT's A BETA, TEST IT, REPORT BUGS.

escuchamezz
September 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM
"beta or not, why are you rolling your eyes, a Windows Vista beta installs no problem or any computer i've tried.."

Thats excellent but it does not alter the fact that Colony 4 is a Beta for tesing, Betas do not come with warrantees, you are warned that they are not stable and you are asked that your report bugs etc .

Your earlier post used language that was saying that Ubuntu had released a bad product as if it were a final production release.
If you are not prepared to accept problems with Betas and not prepared to report constructively your results then maybe you should keep away from Beta releases.