PDA

View Full Version : no results on google

99bluefoxx
November 27th, 2007, 11:26 PM
so, i got this school project to do that wants me to say why youth should eat and live healthy, problem is, i cant find any sites giving me ideas of why, and i cant think of mmuch anything myself at the moment[im a lazy person, and un-athletic]
so im wondering; do any of you got some ideas for me or some sites with listed reasons?
any help is great, so long as no negative comments[im thinking of general trade chat in wow, lol, ppl flame you for everything]

Mazza558
November 27th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Well, youth should eat and live healthy because it'll benefit them in the long term, e.g preventing heart diesease.

maniacmusician
November 27th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Not trying to be negative, but it's going to come out that way; you should work on learning how to utilize search engines better. Inputting keywords straight out of your project prompt won't always work, so try to think of how to put it in more common terms. Particularly terms that often appear in media and online articles.

For instance, "eating healthy teens" in google produces some results that you would probably find useful. With search engines, it's not about using proper grammar such as "why youths should live and eat healthy", but more about about using relevant keywords that are often used.

Also, think about the material that you're writing about; the benefits of eating and living in a healthy way for youths. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, healthy choices for youths will be similar to healthy choices for adults. So a simple "healthy lifestyle choices" search would probably give you some results that you can use.

achron
November 27th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Hmm... did you try the American Heart Association? Or better yet, the CDC? On google, enter 'youth' and 'health' as your terms... then read.

"The prevalence of overweight among children aged 6 to 11 more than doubled in the past 20 years, going from 7% in 1980 to 18.8% in 2004. The rate among adolescents aged 12 to 19 more than tripled, increasing from 5% to 17.1%.1 Overweight is the result of caloric imbalance (too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed) and is mediated by genetics and health. An estimated 61% of overweight young people have at least one additional risk factor for heart disease, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure.2 In addition, children who are overweight are at greater risk for bone and joint problems, sleep apnea, and social and psychological problems such as stigmatization and poor self-esteem.3 Overweight young people are more likely than children of normal weight to become overweight or obese adults, and therefore more at risk for associated adult health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, several types of cancer, and osteoarthritis.3 Healthy lifestyle habits, including healthy eating and physical activity, can lower the risk of becoming overweight and developing related diseases.1"

Whew, I don't know about you, but I'm bushed...

that took all of about two minutes... and cut into my EQ time... perhaps you were looking for "www.do-my-work-for-me.com"

:lolflag:

inversekinetix
November 28th, 2007, 12:57 AM
diabetes, heart disease, cancer, reduced lifespan, drain on society/healthcare, inconvenience to others

http://www.nutritiondata.com/
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html
http://www.healthyeating.net/he_1.htm
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_fit/nutrition/habits.html

how on earth can you get zero results, simply putting *health* in the search field returns millions of hits.

If you're lazy and unatheltic why not take a walk to your nearest hospital/doctor/public health centre and ask for some literature.

crimesaucer
November 28th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Did you try searching with the words "Vegan" and "Vegetarian". Or "Health Food"?

99bluefoxx
November 28th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Not trying to be negative, but it's going to come out that way; you should work on learning how to utilize search engines better. Inputting keywords straight out of your project prompt won't always work, so try to think of how to put it in more common terms. Particularly terms that often appear in media and online articles.

For instance, "eating healthy teens" in google produces some results that you would probably find useful. With search engines, it's not about using proper grammar such as "why youths should live and eat healthy", but more about about using relevant keywords that are often used.

Also, think about the material that you're writing about; the benefits of eating and living in a healthy way for youths. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, healthy choices for youths will be similar to healthy choices for adults. So a simple "healthy lifestyle choices" search would probably give you some results that you can use.
i tried that, and all variations of my search query i could think of at the time
its hard for me to think without music, im weird like that, and my mp3 player died, so im stuck on the worst mistake sony hadso far, a atrac3/mp3 cd player, with a bad mp3 decoder
thanks for all the help

maniacmusician
November 28th, 2007, 03:16 PM
If you had tried that, you would have come up with the same results that I did; which were a lot. I understand that school can be annoying and hard, I've been there, but making excuses really doesn't help. You just have to buckle down and get your work done. Sorry, but it's really sort of unacceptable that you ask the forums to do your research for you, especially when it's something as easy as this.