PDA

View Full Version : have you tried GNOME MPlayer

ice60
November 26th, 2007, 09:32 PM
i was using mplayer for a lot of media, just about everything actually, and i found a skin i liked, but i really like GNOME MPlayer so far.

http://dekorte.homeip.net/download/gnome-mplayer/

i found an older deb too, but it's a slightly older version.
http://www.getdeb.net/release.php?id=1171

FuturePilot
November 26th, 2007, 09:54 PM
It's in the repos now

sudo apt-get install gnome-mplayer
OR
apt:gnome-mplayer
I've used it for a while now. In Feisty I had converted an rpm and installed it. But now it's in the repos. :)
It's nice but I kind of find it lacking when it comes to configuration options.

qazwsx
November 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM
---
sorry double post

qazwsx
November 26th, 2007, 10:12 PM
MPlayer is excellent but gnome-mplayer just riuns the mplayer experience. You can' t even deinterlace and I tried to even run gnome-mplayer -vf pp=lb file . SMPlayer and CLI versions are great.

KDE fanboy here :lolflag:

darweth
November 26th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I use GNOME, but have no problems using KDE programs. I don't feel any sluggishness or bloat involved in having certain KDE libs installed. Also who needs a vid player to fit in with the DE? :D

SMPlayer rules is what I am trying to say.

kadath
November 27th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Gnome-MPlayer has potential, but it does lack config options. Sure, you can edit the text config file by hand, but doesn't that sort of negate the point of having a GUI in the first place?

SMPlayer blows Gnome-MPlayer out of the water right now.

kodak
November 27th, 2007, 01:18 AM
is SMPlayer in the repositories?

darweth
November 27th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Yes, though not the latest version. The official site has a deb for the latest version but I downgraded to the repo version because .WMV's would not play properly, if at all. Everything else worked.

kodak
November 27th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Yes, though not the latest version. The official site has a deb for the latest version but I downgraded to the repo version because .WMV's would not play properly, if at all. Everything else worked.

I must of typed it in wrong first time as it was not there, found it now/

Billy_McBong
November 27th, 2007, 01:44 AM
i prefer SMplayer

SunnyRabbiera
November 27th, 2007, 02:05 AM
SMPlayer simply rules, hands down the best mplayer frontend... sure not a gnome app but it works wonders in my opinion

Trail
November 27th, 2007, 11:37 AM
SMplayer also

undine
November 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Yes yes, SMPlayer is better, but I put Gnome integration pretty high up on my priority list, so it's Gnome-Mplayer for me.

ice60
November 28th, 2007, 11:36 PM
It's in the repos now

sudo apt-get install gnome-mplayer
OR
apt:gnome-mplayer
I've used it for a while now. In Feisty I had converted an rpm and installed it. But now it's in the repos. :)
.:o i didn't think of the repos lol, i wasn't using ubuntu though at the time.

lots of SMPlayer trolls :P i might try it out, but i like gtk better.

~LoKe
November 28th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I use GMplayer...but I'll try SMplayer.

EDIT: Ew, KDE.

kadath
November 29th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I use GMplayer...but I'll try SMplayer.

EDIT: Ew, KDE.

Yeah, I dislike mixing GTK and QT as well, but SMPlayer doesn't require any KDE libs. And it's worth installing QT for. It's the best frontend for MPlayer, hands down.

Interestingly enough, the next version of VLC will switch from wxWidgets to QT for its GUI. There was talk of a GTK version too, but I doubt that'll happen, and if it somehow does, it'll probably be an unofficial version.

~LoKe
November 29th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I dislike mixing GTK and QT as well, but SMPlayer doesn't require any KDE libs. And it's worth installing QT for. It's the best frontend for MPlayer, hands down.

Interestingly enough, the next version of VLC will switch from wxWidgets to QT for its GUI. There was talk of a GTK version too, but I doubt that'll happen, and if it somehow does, it'll probably be an unofficial version.

I prefer GMplayer. I can resize the window to span across both monitors.