PDA

View Full Version : macos

panaretos22
November 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hello .i am currently looking forward to leave from windows xp and i am wondering if my pc has the specifications to install macosx -leopards belkow are the characteristics of my pc (cpu-z programme)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO
CODE NAME CONROE
PACKAGE SOCKET 775 LGA
TECHNOLOGY 65NM CORE VOLTAGE : 1.184 V
SPECIFICATION INTEL CORE 2 DUO CPU 4300@1.80 GHZ
FAMILY 6 MODEL F STEPPING 2
EXT FAMILY6 EXT MODEL F REVISION L2
INSTRUCTIONS MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSSE3 EM64T

CORE SPEED
1197.89 MHz
multiplier x 6.0
bus speed 199.5 Mhz
Rated FSB 798.0

colo
November 26th, 2007, 01:39 PM
You cannot run Mac OS X on non-Apple-Macintosh-PCs. Besides, this seems like a very wrong choice of a forum to ask about Mac OS X in general.

SunnyRabbiera
November 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
yes sadly you cannot install a apple OS on your current PC, wish it were possible though.
But if you have XP issues still feel free to ask here, even though we are not apple or windows forum we might be able to assist you.
But please know that ubuntu linux is not apple or windows, it is an entirely different operating system and unlike apple is is possible to install it on your current computer.
But I will not push you into something you are unsure of on a personal note.

panaretos22
November 26th, 2007, 07:44 PM
ok i ask and i can use it so dont be worry becuase i am not leaving from ubuntu society :)

ErusGuleilmus
November 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I run OS X Tiger on a non-apple computer. Its illegal as far as I am aware, and it takes some work, but it runs.

Depressed Man
November 27th, 2007, 08:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSX86

It's against Apple's licensing though.

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time,and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. You may make one copy of the Apple Software (excluding the Boot ROM code) in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the origina

Though I personally couldn't give a hoot about their license. I find the whole system of copyrights, trademarks, licensing and all that to be badly screwed up anyway. Shame it'll take forever to change.

TheWizzard
November 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I run OS X Tiger on a non-apple computer. Its illegal as far as I am aware, and it takes some work, but it runs.

it's illegal. please don't.