PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Ubuntu Users Group. Wanna Start One?

MetalMusicAddict
September 4th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Ive been trying to find groups to get together with beyond the web. There is the Annaplois L.U.G. (http://annapolislinux.org/) Im gonna get together with. I was thinkin to make it more specific for Ubuntu users though.

Maybe it would be better to to merge or drum-up more members for other MD groups?

Im in A.A. County and Annaplois isnt far at all. Anyway Im just tryin to put out a feeler for other MD users who might wanna get together and be geeky. :) Maybe try to get MD to switch to open formats like Mass.? :)

So if your in MD and you wanna get together post some thoughts. I know there are at least a couple more of us. :)

majikstreet
September 4th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Ive been trying to find groups to get together with beyond the web. There is the Annaplois L.U.G. (http://annapolislinux.org/) Im gonna get together with. I was thinkin to make it more specific for Ubuntu users though.

Maybe it would be better to to merge or drum-up more members for other MD groups?

Im in A.A. County and Annaplois isnt far at all. Anyway Im just tryin to put out a feeler for other MD users who might wanna get together and be geeky. :) Maybe try to get MD to switch to open formats like Mass.? :)

So if your in MD and you wanna get together post some thoughts. I know there are at least a couple more of us. :)
I'm in MD too... Mont. County.

arnieboy
September 4th, 2005, 11:31 PM
I'm in MD too... Mont. County.
the last time I went to maryland, I landed up with a 275 dollar speeding ticket on I-95 :mad:

wmcbrine
September 5th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I'm also in Maryland, P.G. County. But, I'm not sure it makes sense to have anything more specific than a L.U.G. in meatspace.

I'm with ya on the open formats. :) But I think my top geek legislative priority would be repealing UCITA -- IIRC, we're one of only two states that passed that evil thing.

macgyver2
September 5th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Hey! Maryland here, too. Right now up in Cecil County, but I've been applying for jobs to some places in DC, PG, and Montgomery counties. Annapolis is a bit far for me where I am now, but once I find a job and get settled in the DC metro area I'd be interested in a group.

I've got some (non-tech related) activism experience, so I like that idea of lobbying for open-formats in MD, too.

mangz74
April 3rd, 2006, 04:53 PM
I am in Maryland too, You guys still interested in organizing the LOCO group for MD?

majikstreet
April 3rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
Hey! Maryland here, too. Right now up in Cecil County, but I've been applying for jobs to some places in DC, PG, and Montgomery counties. Annapolis is a bit far for me where I am now, but once I find a job and get settled in the DC metro area I'd be interested in a group.

I've got some (non-tech related) activism experience, so I like that idea of lobbying for open-formats in MD, too.
hey, don't you live in Silver Spring now?

I'm still up for it, but since I'm 12, my mom would kinda be like how do you know these people? where did you meet them? etc. etc.

MetalMusicAddict
April 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
I would have loved to but Im moving to N.C. :(

mangz74
April 4th, 2006, 01:58 AM
we could start it off as an online group first. then we could worry meeting in person later. we just need to be able to gather enough people to start of a loco group for now.

chackoge
September 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Did the group ever get started? I'm interested. GC

littletinman
September 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Montgomery county right here. I'm all for getting a group together.