PDA

View Full Version : Project Ambience needs help!

akiratheoni
November 25th, 2007, 07:54 AM
My friends and I have discussed this but have not gotten anywhere with it other than conceptual stuff.

Project Ambience is a project that aims to create a soothing Flash animation with beautiful scenery and music.

It's really hard to explain, so I'll just quote the friend who initially came up with the idea, which sums it up pretty well.

So here I am in Japanese History class, watching some movie about Buddhism, with my headphones half-on, listening to the background "site" music playing from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky main page. And I get to thinking: Why aren't there more sites that have site music??? I'm not talking about something like actual music, per se, but I am talking about a site like this:

It'd be a site with animations n crap, and it'd pretty much be a Virtual World sort of thing. You'd go to the main page of it, and it'd have these "Zones" (consider my names or not, you get the idea) you can go to, FOR EXAMPLE:

"Rain" is a branching category that will take you to that part of the site that has Zones with Rain: RAIN-TinRoof, RAIN-Courtyard-Chinese, RAIN-Courtyard-MedievalEngland, RAIN-CaveMouth, etc.

WHEN YOU GO to, say, RAIN-Courtyard-Chinese, it'd take you to, obviously, to a Chinese-style Courtyard experiencing rainfall. It will have a slider-bar that can modify how much rain coming down, as well as a check-box for lightning and thunder. It is meant to be a visual, as well as auditory experience. No storyline. No chat function (unless that's what people want, I suppose). Just a main site you can go to, whenever, that can let you go to a mountain during a blizzard, or a Caravel sailing to the New World.

To do this project, however, we need:

People who know Flash
People who can do composition of music (preferably symphony orchestra music)
People who can do research on fair use policy
Artists who can draw scenery (not required, but would be helpful)

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the link to the forum where we will be discussing it (I'd rather not give it out now or it might seem like advertising).

This will all be voluntary, no money involved. Sorry.