PDA

View Full Version : I dont have the money but this is awesome!

catfacts
November 25th, 2007, 06:24 AM
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_720h2c?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04
Ok that is one kick @$$ computer... minus vista. Even gamiing aside my current laptop is slimmed down due to cpu and graphics for 3D and Video editing. Also think of compiz on that! Window shopping for computers if fun, even when you have no intention of buying, thou if i win the lottery dell will get another customer ''Hint

:shock: << me reading specs on dell site :P

rabid9797
November 25th, 2007, 06:34 AM
i enjoy paying for overpriced, so-called gaming computers as well!

Kingsley
November 25th, 2007, 06:37 AM
A computer with those specs would probably be $3000 cheaper in a few years.

Quash
November 25th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Holy ****, thats expensive as hell. You can build a comp barebones for nearly a quarter the price and a nicer lookin case. At that kind of price you would think the comp is running dual matrox cards

LaRoza
November 25th, 2007, 06:43 AM
It would be better to build one yourself.

linux noooob
November 25th, 2007, 06:48 AM
i could build one for maybe 2000$ with those specs and i could just over clock the sh** out of everything and mod the cooling to my old freezer.

I am a moder on the edge!:guitar:

coastdweller
November 25th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Overpriced, undervalued.

That dell will simply die long before it becomes outdated.

Anyone looking to buy a dell remember its all lowest bid product that goes into those machines. They are about the bottom line, period.

Tundro Walker
November 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM
It's very ironic. Gaming helped spring-board computer evolution very quickly. I mean, we all needed bigger, badder comp's to play the latest hardware intensive games.

But now we have these extremely sophisticated machines that are used for...just playing games. I know, I know, folks do other things with them, too, but I just find it ironic that there's still a demand for higher end machines for...gaming.

But, I guess games do act like the testing grounds for new systems. As long as someone keeps making a more powerful machine, there will be someone making a game to push it to the limits.

Can't wait for them to develop those fully autonomous, nano-tech cybernetic robots...I've got a lot of house-cleaning that's piling up...LOL!

catfacts
November 25th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Ive never built a comp, ive always been a software person but I do intend to learn sometime. I aggree with the overpriced, but ive had three dells and they all work fine.
BTW: is it just me or isnt dell selling ubuntu. I dont see it listed on the os page (However they went back to selling xp :P; VIsta Sucks)

Mateo
November 25th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I don't like weird looking cases. That thing looks like an ionic breeze air purifier. and what's up with the huge metal plate on the back? that would get in the way.

n3tfury
November 25th, 2007, 06:33 PM
some of you nerds need to remember that not everyone wants to or likes to build their own PC's. if someone wants to spend that kind of money on a PC, let them unless you're offering your services.

hessiess
November 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
that thing is extremly ugly!

overcloced q6600 is pritty simaler for much less mony

n3tfury
November 25th, 2007, 06:45 PM
i like the aesthetics.

inversekinetix
November 26th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Ouch overpriced, doesnt support DDR3, only supports 800mhz ddr2, id rather save some money and put a couple of new 8800GTs in there.
]

Ive yet to see a ready made computer that I would buy.

Lostincyberspace
November 26th, 2007, 05:45 AM
I've been building a dream comp on new EGG and it isn't that high and it has 11TB's of space and 1000 dollar raid controller.

mouseboyx
November 26th, 2007, 06:29 AM
here is an even more "kick @$$ computer":
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=7B72365D&node=home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro

inversekinetix
November 26th, 2007, 06:34 AM
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=7B72365D&node=home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro

are they still only running ddr2 at 667mhz on macs?_

wellery
November 26th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure how this managed 4 stars for value. It's extremely expensive.

-grubby
November 26th, 2007, 06:53 AM
$5600 !!!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

ticopelp
November 26th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I'd consider buying a computer at that price.

If it came embedded in a sports car.

catfacts
November 29th, 2007, 11:07 PM
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...family/mac_pro (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=7B72365D&node=home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro)
I completely aggree, except once you max out the mac it is aroun $1700 US so i am trying to stay some what plausible.... wait ... 5600 awh waht ever they both are overpriced.

Glenn1337
December 2nd, 2007, 12:59 AM
i've seen better... look at the Falcon Northwest Mach 5

a little overpriced but here it is

http://www.falcon-nw.com/config/build.asp

Rupertronco
December 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM
There are plenty of smaller companies that use higher quality components for a significantly lower cost than that machine. I do have first hand experience with some of the hardware in it, particularly the 8800gtx sli setup (wish I waited for the ultras) and the qx6850 which have been a spectacular combination. I've always been a poor budgeter, so I end up spending a great deal of money on computers and have realized that it's pointless to run expensive chips, great video cards, and skimp on simple things (the Dell way) like power supplies, high quality ram, and motherboards. They've selected good core components but their choice of power supplies and motherboards scare me.

With nVidia's 780i (Penryn supporting chipset) on the horizon, as well as Intel's 45nm line, not to mention the 8800gtx(or whatever they call it) with the G92 core scheduled for release Q1 2008 I'd stay as far away from this as possible.

svtfmook
December 4th, 2007, 10:59 AM
wow, that is incredibly overpriced!