PDA

View Full Version : KDevelop Crashing?

Kadrus
November 24th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Euuh..I don't know what seems to be the problem but Kdevelop is crashing as soon as I save a file...anyone knows what the problem might be?
Thanks anyway.

smartbei
November 24th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I occasionally have KDE programs crash due to them failing to startup a plugin program they take for granted but is not available on a non-KDE system, such as Konsole. If you are getting related error messages, try installing the application they reference. If there is nothing, try running the program from the command line so that you can (hopefully) see the cause of the crash.

Is the behavior consistent (does it happen every single time you save a file)?

Kadrus
November 24th, 2007, 11:24 PM
I occasionally have KDE programs crash due to them failing to startup a plugin program they take for granted but is not available on a non-KDE system, such as Konsole. If you are getting related error messages, try installing the application they reference. If there is nothing, try running the program from the command line so that you can (hopefully) see the cause of the crash.

Is the behavior consistent (does it happen every single time you save a file)?
I usually don't use KDevelop..I use Gedit..but today just wanted to test it out...and see what it's like.. I was on KDevelop(designer)..and I saved a file and it gave me a message(etc...)...then I tried again,same thing and a third time too....history repeated itself...

Majorix
November 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I suggest using KDE applications under KDE. Pretty much like WINE is useless when you can just dual-boot Windows.

And this doesn't belong here.

Kadrus
November 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I am getting this sort of message by the way:
"The application KdevDesigner crashed and caused the signal 11 SIGSEGV.Any application receives the SIGSEGV due to a bug in the application..etc.."