PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Question

icarusfall
September 3rd, 2005, 10:58 PM
I'm really sorry if I've missed somewhere obvious for this question. I did a search, but couldn't find anything. I'm trying to join the torrent download for the i386 Live CD from the ubuntulinux site but I keep getting "problem connecting to tracker, connection refused". I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, but I'd really like to get hold of a LiveCD to show off Ubuntu to a friend, and although I can, of course, just use the normal FTP download, ideally I'd prefer to use BitTorrent as for some reason my Firefox Download manager is being a bit flakey, not sure why. Does anyone have any idea why the torrent seems to be rejecting me, it seems to have been doing so all day...

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this...

N'Jal
September 3rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
I don't know what the problem is but your could use wget to download the file that's always my backup downloader

icarusfall
September 3rd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Sure, I can definitely download it through wget or firefox, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any reason why the torrent on the downloads page wouldn't be working. It's always worked for me before. Maybe it's just a temporary thing. In the meantime I guess I'll just download it via FTP rather than via a torrent.