PDA

View Full Version : I am finding myself rather upset at this place.

livingflight
November 23rd, 2007, 04:56 AM
Well, I have prepared myself post before joining here. I have signed up for a numerous amounts of forums trying to find the best place to post it. The problem I always ran into was the character limit. This place obviously hasn't made a limit to how long a post can be. Great, or so I thought.

So, I make my post which took me 54 hours to prepare. Call me slow, I don't care. I was disappointed with not only the feedback, but what my thread resulted to. It was locked.

Here is the link to the thread: Link (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=619802)

Now, I originally posted it in the wrong board, which I apologize for. However, it was moved to an appropriate board: The Backyard.

Now, the topic was closed, or locked for the reason of flamebait. Hmm, that means it was locked for me insulting someone else? What does it mean? You locked my thread and gave no further explanation. I've looked vigorously all over. Not even in the FAQ is the definition of "flamebait" contained.

What does that say? The staff is cutting short their duties. Now, you all know I'm a new member. It's not so much that the definition couldn't be found anywhere, it's that he was well aware that was my first post. He could've taken an extra twenty seconds to tell me what he means.

So here I am still wondering what "flamebait" means. I'm stuck leaving myself to assume it means I was insulting the person I was referring to in my post: George Bush. I was just stating my opinion. Can't we handle this? It was only a debate. I wanted intelligent discussion. The description of the board even says:

"The Backyard is for debates, politics etc. Please try to keep it clean and professional. Please read the posted rules listed in this forum. "

I kept my post clean. I know I did and that's all there is to it. I want my thread unlocked. If not, I'm moving myself to a forum that consideration for those who crave debates, or at least good discussion.

KiwiNZ
November 23rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
I agree with the locking of the thread. This is a Linux Support Forum.
Why did you chose this Forum to post this ? There is hundreds of political forums to post this type of post.