PDA

View Full Version : Fuddrucker's hamburger web site and stolen flash animation

matthew
September 3rd, 2005, 04:47 AM
The hamburger chain Fuddruckers used this guy's flash animation game without permission...see how he is getting even tonight! Here's his blog with links

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dirigibles/75781.html

Yeah, I know...this has absolutely nothing to do with linux, ubuntu or anything else worthwhile...but I am amazed and amused.

EDIT: addendum. Every time I click on one of his flash games Firefox crashes...off to Bugzilla

arnieboy
September 3rd, 2005, 04:51 AM
The hamburger chain Fuddruckers used this guy's flash animation game without permission...see how he is getting even tonight! Here's his blog with links

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dirigibles/75781.html

Yeah, I know...this has absolutely nothing to do with linux, ubuntu or anything else worthwhile...but I am amazed and amused.

EDIT: addendum. Every time I click on one of his flash games Firefox crashes...off to Bugzilla
those games work like a charm on mine

matthew
September 3rd, 2005, 04:58 AM
those games work like a charm on mine
Hmm...must be a conflict with something else I have running. Thanks for checking it out for me arnieboy.

skoal
September 3rd, 2005, 05:06 AM
I think this guy fell off the turnip truck one too many times. I couldn't tell by his URL referal pie chart exactly how many hits he was getting to play that game, but...

Instead of doing what he did, I would have either:

1. kept server logs of how many times 'fudruckers.com'(?) sent peeps to his URL.
2. keep those stats logged and saved (from 1) somewhere.
3. contact their corporate offices and negotiate a contract with them to use his flash game, whether they host it or provide you bigger bandwidth through a 3rd party host. booyah! Mo money mo bandwidth...
4. If 3 fails, use those stats from 2 above to negotiate a settlement with them (if that were even possible), since I think a lot of url's (company or otherwise) provide 3rd party links all the time...

You know what they say: If it's on the net, it's everyone's to get...

\\//_

matthew
September 3rd, 2005, 05:10 AM
Instead of doing what he did, I would have either:

\\//_
Yours is truly the better way, but it isn't as amusing. I guess it's the passive-aggressive in me. Been working on that for a while but I'm doing much better now (said in a tone reminiscent of Gomez Addams)

matthew
September 3rd, 2005, 05:12 AM
For what it's worth, this is a better burger game anyway.

http://www.supersizeme.com/burgerman.htm

It's a blatant pac-man ripoff, but you do get the Morgan Spurlock vs. Ronald McDonald theme.

skoal
September 3rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
http://www.supersizeme.com/burgerman.htm
Matthew, thanks for the linkage. I'm working on a high score now...

That game has addictive potential written all over it. But, vegetables for powerups?! WHat's that all about...

real man drink beer for a powerup, and eat the can for their ruffage...

\\//_

arnieboy
September 3rd, 2005, 06:03 AM
Matthew, thanks for the linkage. I'm working on a high score now...

That game has addictive potential written all over it. But, vegetables for powerups?! WHat's that all about...

real man drink beer for a powerup, and eat the can for their ruffage...

\\//_
metal ruffage up our anus? damn! man u tawkin terminator 10 or wat?

bjweeks
September 3rd, 2005, 06:56 AM
Ha! Fudruckers got ow3ned server them right. :grin:

ConnorP
September 3rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
when i try to go to FuddRuckers.com it just takes me to Google English..hmmmm.....

xequence
September 3rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Never heard of "Fuddruckers" before... What an odd name for a restaurant! They have alot of american restaurants with weird names... I get TBS from atlanta here and it has alot of weird named restaurant commercials...

Anyway, I think that is so stupid of the fuddrucker dudes. The game maker did a very good job :)

Kapre
September 3rd, 2005, 05:05 PM
Checked it out last night and Fuddruckers got their rude awakening. Kudos to this guy. I just hope that no kid will click on the link on Fudd's website coz they will be shock to see where the hamburger that they will eat (or eaten) comes from. Also, my kids (and me) enjoyed the game (not the Fuddrockers one...the original)

K