PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ubuntu / Cannonical

MarcDM
November 26th, 2004, 01:55 AM
I just wanted to post a thread thanking everyone on the Ubuntu development team for making a distro that is just absolutely beautiful.

I've been using the warthog for about a month now. During that month, I've had 3 Win2k Machines fail on me.

One of them was replaced by a AMD K6II 400Mhz w/ 192 MB ram. I decided to install the warthog on it. So far, I've been called 2 times. Once when abiword crashed. Then I set it to autosave and gave some instructions on the use of the *.CRASHED files. Then when xmms froze up (adsl probs) :

ssh -> killall xmms -> Ctrl+D. :)
That was 2 weeks ago.

The other two machines are happy running ThinTUX (http://thintux.sourceforge.net) from a floppy and connecting to my machine (AthlonXP 1800+ 768MB ram) using XDMCP.

I just love walking around the office and seeing all these beautiful user customized desktops. All these beautiful fonts.

I swear, everything looks better on Ubuntu than on any other Linux* I've used. Thanks.

* I've used :

Suse 9.1 + Kde default
Redhat 9
Fedora 1
Suse 9.1 w/ Gnome 2.8
Slackware 10 + Gnome 2.6

brlmedia
November 26th, 2004, 03:08 AM
same here, tried fc3, mandrake 10.1, rhel3, all had one problem or another, ubuntu i have been in all day, no problems, runs great on my compaq presario 6000!!!

thanks to all involved in this distro!