PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana officials accused of blocking rescue volunteers

BWF89
September 2nd, 2005, 07:56 PM
What a bunch of complete idiots. Everyone who took part in that should be fired.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Louisiana_officials_accused_of_blocking_rescue_vol unteers

Kyral
September 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
I heard that the Governor's Residence has been occupied (in the military sense)

mstlyevil
September 2nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
I think the govenors office dropped the ball. I sure hope if Oklahoma has a disaster of that magnitude, Our state leaders will really lead.

poofyhairguy
September 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
What a bunch of complete idiots. Everyone who took part in that should be fired.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Louisiana_officials_accused_of_blocking_rescue_vol unteers

Its sad but true: At this point the state probably cares more about liability than anything.

I feel so bad for my home town. I'm glad the national guard came. Too little too late I say. Those people should have never been sent to the Superbowl. Why is it when the city is evacuated by manditory orders that the government keeps the poorest people in a shelter INSIDE the evacuated area?

Makes me sick.

WildTangent
September 3rd, 2005, 04:47 AM
Why is it when the city is evacuated by manditory orders that the government keeps the poorest people in a shelter INSIDE the evacuated area?
what choice did they have? they were moved in there a day in advance of the storm. theres no way they could have gotten those people out of town before the hurricane hit. at the time, i think that was the only choice they could have made besides letting them fend for themselves. what i do think is quite disgusting is how theyre only just getting them all out of there today

-Wild

poofyhairguy
September 3rd, 2005, 05:00 AM
what choice did they have? they were moved in there a day in advance of the storm. theres no way they could have gotten those people out of town before the hurricane hit.

Good point.