PDA

View Full Version : The new OSX Leopard!

dnns123
November 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM
My bro just upgraded his MacBook to Leopard from Tiger. Here's the things he found out so far.

- It's slower
- it broke his yahoo messenger, still hasnt fixed it
- the new eye candy doesnt help much but eat ram
- time machine is useless if your organized
- his mouse, a standard Logitech mouse, has an inverted X and Y axis movement

More to come! (hopefully, :lolflag:)

boast
November 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
a logitech mouse and yahoo msgr are not part of apple.
I don't say ubuntu sucks because exaile's equilizer doesn't work, or my ibm camera doesn't work in linux.
if his mac is not 64-bit, leopard will run slower.

(not to spoil the fun or anything :P)

zenwhen
November 20th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Leopard works wonderfully for me. Also, Leopard does not run slower on 32-bit machines. All apps in the system have both 32 bit and 64 bit binaries.

dnns123
November 20th, 2007, 04:27 PM
His laptop is the Dual-core 2.18Ghz I think that was bought a few months ago. Anyway... the boot-up time got slower. The mouse and yahoo messenger worked in Tiger. I'm just stating the new things people might expect when upgrading to Leopard.

Depressed Man
November 22nd, 2007, 02:38 AM
a logitech mouse and yahoo msgr are not part of apple.
I don't say ubuntu sucks because exaile's equilizer doesn't work, or my ibm camera doesn't work in linux.
if his mac is not 64-bit, leopard will run slower.

(not to spoil the fun or anything :P)

So much for Apple's "It's just works" then. Granted it's unreasonable that you expect everything to work. But you shouldn't advertise it otherwise.

shuttleworthwannabe
November 22nd, 2007, 05:16 AM
Leopard is new OS X, and other propritary software have not updated their applications for leopard yet; once they do i am sure all Leopard users will be happy.

On the other side, here is a review by eWeek (http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2212976,00.asp) that you may want o read--he is not happy with leoprad at all.