PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Music Store !!"!?

puppy
November 19th, 2007, 10:49 PM
What a shower:

Supported systems are currently Microsoft Windows XP or Vista

Supported browsers on the above systems are currently Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and above

So they don't want linux or Mac users buying music using their site - how pathetic. Well they're not getting my business -- and here's me thinking Nokia liked linux users...

clebersantz
March 6th, 2008, 12:42 PM
This is very strange, after make N810 and the visible Linux growing they send this reply and let more than 25% of net users outside

Dear Cleber,

In response to your email, please be advised that currently, Nokia Music Store is supported by Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and Windows Vista operating system. Nokia Music Store is not compatible with Mac or Linux operating system.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused however we greatly appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that we will be forwarding your comments to our R&D department for further review. We will keep you informed as and when we receive any updates.

Kind regards,

Eva
Nokia Care

Now or i change my SO and browser or i change my cell phone !!!! Well, i think change cell phone is the better ideia, sorry !!!

Colonel Kilkenny
March 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Is it even open outside UK?

Anyway...
"Currently" and "beta" are the magic words.
Though the situation may still be same after it drops the beta part since Nokia can't distribute music without DRM and Linux with DRM is tough luck, no win.