PDA

View Full Version : WHOO! MOTU, Baby!

jdong
November 19th, 2007, 05:59 PM
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2007-November/024738.html

With that announcement, I am at last a MOTU. Yay! Now, to party like the MOTU's: fix package bugs, upload new versions of multimedia stuff, and not sleep!

Vadi
November 19th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Congrats.

So are you the one to spam with PMs when we want a new program in the repositories? :D

PmDematagoda
November 19th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Congratulations jdong. At least I now know someone I can badger if the Universe and Multiverse repos go down:D. I wish you good luck.

KhaaL
November 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Congrats! I just saw the news in my mailing list. Hope you're gonna enjoy your new position and keep our software freshly updated ;-)

matthew
November 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM
You rock! Congrats.

/me starts looking for something to request to be packaged. ;)

ericesque
November 19th, 2007, 06:20 PM
MOTU... master of the universe?

jdong
November 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Haha, oh boy, I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that here ;-)

*vanishes*

John.Michael.Kane
November 19th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Congrats. I'm sure your PM box will start to fill with request for package x,y,z

PriceChild
November 19th, 2007, 06:51 PM
So are you the one to spam with PMs when we want a new program in the repositories? :DNope, anyone can do that (with approval from motu's of course)

For example I got "gizmod" in!

Oh and congrats jdong ;)

Vadi
November 19th, 2007, 06:53 PM
The whole process is very confusing and the instructions are oriented heavily towards techinical users, I think.

I got as far as opening a launchpad bug and tagging the title as [needs-packaging] and that's about it :(

mips
November 19th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Ok, I need to get certain package in, what do I do (details)?

This is an existing project (not by me) that I would like to see included and would greatly benefit mobile 3G/HSDPA users.

Edit:

Oops, congratulations would be in order!

Jucato
November 19th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Congrats jdong!

But this comes as a total shock to me...

All this time I thought you were already a MOTU, and even a core dev... surprise surprise!

Congrats! You deserve it! :D

jdong
November 19th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Congrats jdong!

But this comes as a total shock to me...

All this time I thought you were already a MOTU, and even a core dev... surprise surprise!

Congrats! You deserve it! :D

Haha, thanks man. I should've applied a bit earlier -- as LaserJock so greatly put it, "it's about stinkin time" :D

23meg
November 19th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Congrats, jdong. I too thought you were already a MOTU.

Ok, I need to get certain package in, what do I do (details)?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages

The whole process is very confusing and the instructions are oriented heavily towards techinical users, I think.

While it's true that you need to be a technically oriented user, the MOTU team puts in a lot of effort to make things easy for new contributors. If you find the process confusing, you may want to get a mentor (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Mentoring).

bapoumba
November 19th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Congrats jdong!
how did you manage to have 30 hours days?

FuturePilot
November 19th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Awesome! Congrats jdong! =D>:guitar:

Nano Geek
November 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Congradulations!

*goes to get list of wanted applications* :)