PDA

View Full Version : Snackipedia!

ThinkBuntu
November 18th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'm launching a new site that just struck me as a solid idea: Snackipedia, a resource for information about snacks and nothing more really. It will be great for those looking for new snacks, etc. and for others to share their own recipes/ideas. So can anyone contribute ideas for this project? I already purchased Snackipedia.com, and I'm hoping nobody scoops up .org and spites me with the same idea...!

The website is: http://www.snackipedia.com/

LaRoza
November 18th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I'm launching a new site that just struck me as a solid idea: Snackipedia, a resource for information about snacks and nothing more really. It will be great for those looking for new snacks, etc. and for others to share their own recipes/ideas. So can anyone contribute ideas for this project? I already purchased Snackipedia.com, and I'm hoping nobody scoops up .org and spites me with the same idea...!

I'd try to help, but I am simple when it comes to food. I am a vegan also.

-grubby
November 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM
that sounds great!

sailor2001
November 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
should get a bunch of good ideas from DARKSTAR MEAL MASTER

Linuxratty
November 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Home made snacks or store bought snacks?

Sporkman
November 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Heh heh - neat idea, I like the name. :)

ThinkBuntu
November 18th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Home made snacks or store bought snacks?
Homemade, store-bought, fresh, leftover, you name it. Very free-format. Recipes appreciated. There will be a rating system in place too.

LaRoza
November 18th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Homemade, store-bought, fresh, leftover, you name it. Very free-format. Recipes appreciated. There will be a rating system in place too.

Post a URI for us, when you get it set up.

ThinkBuntu
November 18th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Check the first post now.

Sporkman
November 18th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I suggest you monetize it via Google Adsense.

ThinkBuntu
November 18th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Maybe I'll sell brand placement (recommend Triscuits or Ritz for example in a Crackers article). I'm hoping to turn a buck or two, as I bought the MediaWiki book released this year and of course bought the domain.

LaRoza
November 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Check the first post now.

Interesting wiki, will check for updates.

Sporkman
November 19th, 2007, 12:25 AM
If it ever takes off, you should change your name to SnackBuntu. :)

LaRoza
November 19th, 2007, 12:26 AM

One can not change a name, except by registering again.

ThinkBuntu
November 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM
I Think therefore I Snack, isn't it obvious? :^)

kopinux
November 19th, 2007, 12:37 AM
and it will be really helpful if it includes nutrition information.

ThinkBuntu
November 19th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Sky's the limit. If someone builds a Nutrition template page, I'll go to town with it. I may make one myself.

init1
November 19th, 2007, 04:08 AM
I got an error searching on the site:
http://www.snackipedia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search=ramen+noodles&fulltext=Search

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wfrunhooks() in /home/tmallen/public_html/snackipedia/includes/SpecialPage.php on line 190

ThinkBuntu
November 19th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I was just adding the 'rating' feature to the site at the time, and I made a couple mistakes in the process. You just came at a bad moment :^)

Just so everyone knows, the site's ready to be flooded with Snacks now. Just sign up and edit as much as you wish (or do it as an Anonymous user, I don't care that much).

-grubby
December 15th, 2007, 02:54 AM
is this site still going? You haven't edited " Today in Snacks" since November 19th

codypumper
December 15th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Well, I'm number 10! I think it would be fun if it was polished up. It could have nutrition facts, recipes, origin, and stories about the snacks. You could even have photos of the snacks.

pmgr33r
December 15th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Snacks I love snacks
Great Idea

slimdog360
December 15th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I scream for icecream, we all scream for icecream.

Lostincyberspace
December 15th, 2007, 07:32 AM
This is a great Idea. I want to become a member.