PDA

View Full Version : hello Mr.Smith

adi82
November 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM
what is this? are you peoples on earth or you live in haven? what is wrong on asking password crack to test my ubunto security?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=616064

come back to real live and put my thread back to Absolute Beginner Talk

I want back also what erver you took to me."This is a five-point, 10-day infraction."

thank you.

You have a problem with authority ,Mr. Anderson.:mad:

bapoumba
November 18th, 2007, 05:04 PM
For the admins:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3794280

matthew
November 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I've reviewed your original thread as well as read all related material. The manner in which your request was made led all of us to believe you are not in earnest in requesting assistance in securing your Ubuntu installation, but rather that you are interested in finding nefarious means to crack other people's installations.

Furthermore, the manner in which you made both your original request as well as your demand here that we restore your thread were at best impolite and at worst rude. I'll attribute this to English not being your primary language rather than your personality. In either case, you need to look elsewhere to find the information you desire as we are not willing to allow it to be posted in these forums.

adi82
November 19th, 2007, 01:39 AM
you are interested in finding nefarious means to crack other people's installations.
yea,yea the only problem is that i dont know peoples that use Ubuntu.
oh,i forgot i know one and he is my self.do you have any problem if i crack my own Ubuntu?

I'll attribute this to English not being your primary language rather than your personality.
what does this mean?

can i make an other Thread with "Who is more secure Ubuntu or WinXP"

thanx in advance!!!!

p.s.:it was not in my intention to break the rule or to offend someone,as i really want to be around here for a long time.

adi82
November 19th, 2007, 01:43 AM
For the admins:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3794280
i cant open the link so i dont know what to reply to you.

adi82, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

jdong
November 19th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Hi,

I would be totally fine if you wanted to open a thread asking about how to assess the security of your Ubuntu system and its passwords, including asking about brute-force password searching utilities. Security auditing on any operating system can only be measured by actively trying to test your own setup.

As Matthew noted, the tone of your first post left some doubt as to your intentions (more directly, it sounded like you were trying to break into someone's Ubuntu computer and steal their passwords). In addition, the replies you received were not very productive and were headed down a trolling path...

So, why don't we just start over? How about starting a thread asking about how to test the security of the passwords on your Ubuntu system, emphasizing this is for self-assessment on a computer you have permission to do this on, and let's see where that goes?

adi82
November 19th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Hi,

I would be totally fine if you wanted to open a thread asking about how to assess the security of your Ubuntu system and its passwords, including asking about brute-force password searching utilities. Security auditing on any operating system can only be measured by actively trying to test your own setup.

As Matthew noted, the tone of your first post left some doubt as to your intentions (more directly, it sounded like you were trying to break into someone's Ubuntu computer and steal their passwords). In addition, the replies you received were not very productive and were headed down a trolling path...

So, why don't we just start over? How about starting a thread asking about how to test the security of the passwords on your Ubuntu system, emphasizing this is for self-assessment on a computer you have permission to do this on, and let's see where that goes?

:):):)

jdong
November 19th, 2007, 02:40 AM
P.S. Can you reduce the number of animated smilies in your sig to a smaller number, like zero? It's a bit distracting. I feel like I'm supposed to land a plane while reading the post ;-)