November 17th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Hi
i've been looking for a good web host
i would like it to be free or less then 50$
PHP and javascript as well as java too

LaRoza
November 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Free: www.freehostia.com

I use it, PHP version is 4 I think, but I just alter my code for it.

matthew
November 17th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I have had a good experience with Site5...see the link in my sig next to my blog link.

bobbocanfly
November 17th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hi
PHP and javascript as well as java too

JavaScript is a client-side language which means it runs on your end, not the server. Most modern browsers can run javaScript, you dont need a special server for it :D

AFAIK Java is the same but never really looked into Java.

buzzmandt
November 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM
ive had good results with 1and1.com

LaRoza
November 17th, 2007, 07:48 PM
AFAIK Java is the same but never really looked into Java.

Java applets run in the browser, if the OP is looking for serverlets or Java Server Pages, which I doubt, then it runs in on the server.

SomeGuyDude
November 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM
If you can get the coupon, you get a year of Dreamhost hosting for $23. Then after that it's $10 a month, but I think after you deal with them for a year you'll agree its worth it.

Unfortunately, I had to transfer to a free subdomain service because things I wrote would get on Fark or Digg and then I'd exceed my bandwidth, and I just didn't have the money to upgrade.

But as long as you aren't expecting >10,000 hits in a day, you should be fine.

jargs
November 17th, 2007, 07:51 PM
www.one.com is an awsome hosting site, i pay £0.90 ($1.80) a month for unlimited bandwidth and 1GB webspace.

TeaSwigger
November 18th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Like buzzmandt, I've had good luck with 1and1.com. Here's their link:
http://www.1and1.com/

OR - use this affiliate link; as I understand it, if you sign up using it, it'll kick some change into my "feed the kitty" jar, and I'll kick it back into the forums here if it's hunky dorey by the forum folks. Your charges would be the same. Whichever way you chose I still suggest giving 'em a look; I do run PHP on their service, it is ad-free and and it has been perfectly fine since I've been using 'em for the past year now.
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=14718675

Good luck. Some sure seem fine at first glance but it's a good that you seek some reccommendations.