PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Users in Atlanta area?

KingBahamut
August 31st, 2005, 08:43 PM
Anyone from Northern GA, say Atlanta or close by?

Some friends and I are considering putting together a monthly Ubuntu Group or some sort. Wife would cook lunch or dinner for the bunch, so that means free food. =)

Could be a Gamer thing, could be a Discussion thing, could be a social thing.

Just depends.

I have enough Boxes for everyone.

floppy
August 31st, 2005, 09:55 PM
Anyone from Northern GA, say Atlanta or close by?

Just happened to stumble across this... you might want to reconsider the title a bit :)

Yeah, I live in east Cherokee, and I'd say a local Ubuntu group would be nice to get going. In my case, it'd be because I still can't get the darn thing installed properly (let's not drift into details here). I'm at the end of my rope and time for it at the moment. Just so you know, I'm not a total dimwit, either -- I've been involved with computers since the late 70s.

Could be interesting.

KingBahamut
August 31st, 2005, 09:58 PM
Well floppy, I have 3 other friends 2 convertees totally, and 1 im working on.

Ify our having problems, sure, well get you going.

If its interesting to you, let me now.

Lord Illidan
August 31st, 2005, 10:01 PM
Just happened to stumble across this... you might want to reconsider the title a bit :)

Could be interesting.

I second this...

I wish I could come... you are a good guy, Bahamut.. but I'll have to travel some 1000s of miles... damnit, I wish there were more Linux users in Malta (actually there are, but a bunch of stuckup software engineers ALL using Gentoo, and pretending that they know everything about it and surprised that a youngster like myself has the knowhow to get Linux working..

Poor wife.. she will have lots of cooking to do!!

mstlyevil
August 31st, 2005, 10:03 PM
I live too far away. In OKC here so a trip to Atlanta would be hard to do (tempting though for some free southern cooking).

WirelessMike
August 31st, 2005, 10:10 PM
What a great idea!

Ubuntu LUGs!

Might be a bad time to try to get one started in Louisiana right now... but later-- :)

I've got at least 2 friends that I KNOW will want to get in on one, perhaps 3 that live close by.

How would you shorten that, anyways? ULUG?

KingBahamut
August 31st, 2005, 10:11 PM
Indeed.

Ride Jib
August 31st, 2005, 10:51 PM
Indeed.
I'm from Clemson, SC. Would be interested in this, if it wouldn't cost me [now] $75 in gas to make the trip. :-\

mstlyevil
August 31st, 2005, 10:52 PM
I just heard on the news that gas is $5.57 in Atlanta. Is that true Kingbahamut?

matthew
August 31st, 2005, 11:36 PM
If I was even remotely close I would be there. I'll have to start my own.

KingBahamut
September 1st, 2005, 12:24 AM
Anyone interested please forward your contact into to my email address.
kingbahamut@comcast.net

Ill be organizing for something in two weeks time, and set it for a Saturday day and evening.

poofyhairguy
September 1st, 2005, 12:33 AM
I fixed the thread title. I live in Texas though....

I do hope to join my local LUG group this semster.

KingBahamut
September 1st, 2005, 03:21 AM
Thanks Poofy, I tried to do that a few times without success.

Thanks for all the positive input ladies and gents,

When I get a definite number of people, Ill get more specifics out.

Ride Jib
September 1st, 2005, 05:51 AM
If you want more ideas, feel free to stop by clemsonlinux.org. That is my schools LUG website. Although I havent attended any of their meetings yet, they seem like pretty nice guys, and fairly knowledgable as well. ... it was also they who got me turned on to Ubuntu, too!

KingBahamut
September 1st, 2005, 02:48 PM
Ride Jib, the LUG here in Atlanta, the good one at least, is at GA Tech, and for normal to beginners can be a little intimidating. Im trying to reach out to these types of users.

KingBahamut
September 2nd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Final call for all users in Altanta.
=)

openmind
September 4th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Complete Linux Noob, on the steep part of the curve. (Still no sound though!) used to be in Marietta, moved about 100 miles south near Macon, but stiil might be interested if your reaching out to people like us. ;-)

KingBahamut
September 4th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Openmind, me and mah wife will reach out to whomever we can, as long as it involves Ubuntu and the support of such a thing.

KingBahamut
September 4th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Anyone else had success to this idea in there area?

other than the normal LUGs.