PDA

View Full Version : Are people this stupid?

xequence
August 31st, 2005, 06:25 PM
I am looking in a dell flyer... In the back it has something so you can get MS Office on your computer. There are 3 versions, all horrible wastes of money...

THe first one, MS Office Basic Edition 2003. It is 150$! WHat does it come with? A word processor (word), spreadsheet, and OUtlook. Am I seeing this correctly? ONe of those 3 COMES with windows (outlook) for crying out loud! Word is dumb as you wordpad comes with windows... ANd spreadsheet... Openoffice has one of those also! 150$ for that! How crazy can you get?!!!

The next one, small business edition... COmes with the things mentioned before and publisher and powerpoint. I dont know what ether are but im sure they are easily bested by openoffice. The worst part is its 330$!

The final one, professional edition. COmes with everything above and access for a database. I still dont know what it is but im sure its bested again by something free. THe very worst part is its 490$! I could buy a computer with that money!

I just cant believe how crazy people are to buy these things. MIcrosofties are out of their mind...

The only things keeping people using microsoft products are:
1, They come with most computers
2. Piracy
3. People dont know any better

DJ_Max
August 31st, 2005, 06:28 PM
The only things keeping people using microsoft products are:
1, They come with most computers
2. Piracy
3. People dont know any better
I can't argue there. Most people think they're getting a deal when Windows comes pre-loaded, which is usually wrong. Most people only use pirated copies, because they fall into # 3.

KingBahamut
August 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM
Yes, well Microsoft has been utterly criminal in the idea that they release such things in such an array of versioning.

Need I remind you of 2000 Server, 2000 Datacenter, 2000 Advance server, 2000 Biztalk Server. There probably should have been 2000 Does Nothing Server, 2000 Does a little server, 2000 Does a little more Server, 2000 Does some but not all Server, and 2000 Does everything insecurely server.

xequence
August 31st, 2005, 06:47 PM
I am not very familar with windows 2000 ;P (If thats what it is you are talking about...)

I just started using computers the day XP was released.

DJ_Max
August 31st, 2005, 06:54 PM
Yes, well Microsoft has been utterly criminal in the idea that they release such things in such an array of versioning.

Need I remind you of 2000 Server, 2000 Datacenter, 2000 Advance server, 2000 Biztalk Server. There probably should have been 2000 Does Nothing Server, 2000 Does a little server, 2000 Does a little more Server, 2000 Does some but not all Server, and 2000 Does everything insecurely server.
LOL, I've used 2000 Server, thats one of the reason I started to use Linux. And haven't looked back since.

TristanMike
August 31st, 2005, 07:16 PM

Need I remind you of 2000 Server, 2000 Datacenter, 2000 Advance server, 2000 Biztalk Server. There probably should have been 2000 Does Nothing Server, 2000 Does a little server, 2000 Does a little more Server, 2000 Does some but not all Server, and 2000 Does everything insecurely server.Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. That's some funny shiznit...."2000 Does some but not all Server" Ha, ha, ha, Now THAT's comedy.

rapasoft
August 31st, 2005, 07:46 PM
Are people this stupid?

Answer: YES.

bored2k
August 31st, 2005, 07:54 PM
Flaming And Condescending Messages: Messages personally attacking, calling names, or otherwise harassing or being condescending to another forum member or any ethnic or religious group will be deleted. Please see the Code of Conduct:Be Considerate, and the Code of Conduct:Be Respectful for more exact specifications.

We expect members of the Ubuntu community to be respectful when dealing with other contributors as well as with people outside the Ubuntu project, and with users of Ubuntu.

You may disagree and dislike Microsoft and its policies, but this is no reason to call anyone stupid for it. They have their own public, we have ours. If you think OOo and Linux is better than Microsoft's Windows and other _non.free_ software companies, do something positive about it, don't insult the "few" of us who use their software.