PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some developers to help me modify PHP

samb0057
November 15th, 2007, 01:07 AM
PHP is great, i love it, but i am currently working on a framework and I am running into some blocks.

Any open source developers familiar with the PHP core that could help me modify it? I've been programming for years and although I've done C and C++, I am having trouble hacking the core of PHP.

I think PHP needs a couple things, first of all scalar type hinting (int, string, etc). I have hundreds of lines of validation in my code that could be easily wiped out through type hinting for these standard variable types. They've implemented type hinting for arrays and objects, I don't see why they can't do it for regular variable types.

Also (less important), is multiple class inheritance. I am hitting a few blocks in my code trying to set up my data model functionality, I can explain further if needed.

If anyone is willing to help out to benefit the open source community and me, let me know. I can even pay you something (not too much) because this functionality would be worth alot to me. And I would also help out as much as I could.