PDA

View Full Version : New record

Paul820
November 14th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Anyone else notice the most ever online was broken 18 minutes ago? :guitar:

Nano Geek
November 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Anyone else notice the most ever online was broken 18 minutes ago? :guitar:Yay for us! \\:D/

-grubby
November 14th, 2007, 09:45 PM
yay!

FuturePilot
November 14th, 2007, 10:14 PM
W00t!:guitar:

Mazza558
November 14th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Again?

Nice work, I usually only expect the record to break on major releases. :)

FG123
November 14th, 2007, 10:24 PM
You know what's even more amazing?

With all the users + bandwidth applied to this site, it's still able to supply a search function that DOESN'T require a capcha for unregistered users. That's one of my major bones with most other forums, if they even allow search for unregistered users in the first place. It's as if Canonical sinks a ton of money into this place to keep it running with such insane loads. :)

p_quarles
November 14th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Again?

Nice work, I usually only expect the record to break on major releases. :)
The "The Bet is On!" thread made it to the front page of Digg.

It's also in the Slashdot firehose, but isn't making any progress to the front page. If it ever does, though, I'm sure we'd see a new record again.

Nano Geek
November 14th, 2007, 10:27 PM
You know what's even more amazing?

With all the users + bandwidth applied to this site, it's still able to supply a search function that DOESN'T require a capcha for unregistered users. That's one of my major bones with most other forums, if they even allow search for unregistered users in the first place. It's as if Canonical sinks a ton of money into this place to keep it running with such insane loads. :)I know. With an average of 8000+ users logged on at the same time, every day, the forums are still blazingly fast. :KS