PDA

View Full Version : Breezy splash screen screenshot!

Heliode
August 31st, 2005, 09:24 AM
Hey guys,

Today, it seems, the package for Breezy's splash screen hit repo's! After I updated my Breezy installation (in vmware) and rebooted, it greeted me with the attached picture!
I think it's pretty sweet, yet I still hope it is possible to turn it off... (yeah, show me the info! ;))

weekend warrior
August 31st, 2005, 10:33 AM
Nice and dark. So the info there is just a faux-list?

darkmatter
August 31st, 2005, 10:43 AM
Yep, it's actually not that bad (unlike some others would have you believe)...

void_false
August 31st, 2005, 05:30 PM
Yep. It shows info so its not bad at all :razz:

poofyhairguy
August 31st, 2005, 06:38 PM
much better than before.

Sslaxx
August 31st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Very nice, yes, but shouldn't this be in one of the development sections of the forum relating to Breezy?

sapo
August 31st, 2005, 06:54 PM
I wonder if it will black as it is now or if they are gonna make a Ubuntu "brown" theme... :?

kayas80
August 31st, 2005, 06:56 PM
I wonder if it will black as it is now or if they are gonna make a Ubuntu "brown" theme... :?

Please not brown!!!

TristanMike
August 31st, 2005, 07:02 PM
I like brown...but I like black much more. =)

Brunellus
August 31st, 2005, 07:12 PM
They'll stay brown...it's a more "human" color.

darkmatter
August 31st, 2005, 07:23 PM

Black rocks, brown sucks... :razz:

WildTangent
August 31st, 2005, 08:21 PM
that is sexy (i think i spend too much time around computers :roll: )...i hope they keep it just like that

-Wild

Orunitia
August 31st, 2005, 08:25 PM
The one thing that is horribly wrong with Ubuntu is using brown for everything. Hopefully this splash screen stays the same. :razz:

ajmas
August 31st, 2005, 09:02 PM
Would love to see other people posting mocks-ups of what they would like their boot screen to look like. Maybe adding a new section to the "Art Gallery" for this?

Perfect Storm
August 31st, 2005, 09:08 PM
That splash screen is really neat IMHO, really love it :razz:

N'Jal
August 31st, 2005, 10:51 PM
Oh yes that's awesome, and i upgrade to breezy at midnight tonight, my traditional month before official realease

RastaMahata
August 31st, 2005, 11:30 PM
yey! they're using some kind of just-coffee color theme (you know... instant coffee plus water, and sugar too), instead of a coffee-milk-tobacco kind of thing.
Looks very pro. I Like it!

By the way, I love the brown theme. :)

kanem
August 31st, 2005, 11:39 PM
Oh yes that's awesome, and i upgrade to breezy at midnight tonight, my traditional month before official realeaseI'm itching to try it too, but if you just wait one more week you'll get the preview release (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyReleaseSchedule?highlight=%28release%29) which will probably have much less bugs than it does now. It's also when Gnome 2.12 final is released.

N'Jal
September 1st, 2005, 01:36 AM
It's too late now, im upgrading. TBH i don't mind breakeges at this point as I'm still on holiday and i have a back up laptop, but with a month to go, most things should be ironed out.