PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Adding to usergroup in virtualbox

mmb1
November 14th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to Linux and this is my first time using virtualization software. I downloaded Virtualbox and everything went fine. I downloaded the gOS ISO file and everything went fine. After getting everything configured and starting the box, I am greeted with the following:

"
The VirtualBox kernel driver is not accessible to the current user. Make sure that the user has write permissions for /dev/vboxdrv by adding them to the vboxusers groups. You will need to logout for the change to take effect..
VBox status code: -1909 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_ACCESSIBLE).

Result Code:
0x80004005
Component:
Console
Interface:
IConsole {1dea5c4b-0753-4193-b909-22330f64ec45}"

It seems to be fairly simple, but I have no idea how to add myself to the user group, and a web search came up fruitless.

I have always received fast, reliable, and friendly help from these forums and anyone who would help this poor noob would be greatly appreciated.

scorp123
November 14th, 2007, 01:20 AM
it seems to be fairly simple, but I have no idea how to add myself to the user group Administration > Users and Groups > Manage Groups > vboxusers > Properties .... then add yourself there. :)

mmb1
November 14th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Thanks a million, scorp123, after a quick logout, that did the trick. I do feel quite stupid for asking such an obvious quesiton.

Thanks again!:)

Leslie Viljoen
October 25th, 2011, 09:25 PM
To be clear: add the user to the group in the HOST OS.

coffeecat
October 25th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Ancient thread.

Closed.