View Full Version : Debug in eclipse and anjuta

November 13th, 2007, 09:54 AM
hi, i am new with ubuntu and anjuta and have a little experience with programming java at eclipse. i started to learn C, and i have some questions:
i have a simple C program:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){
int i=0;
return 0;

1) i want to create it in eclipse, so i go to file->new->manage make C project(is that the right choice?)->i worte "ex1" at project name->next->finish(when the "debug" and "release" are marked)
in ex1 project->new->source file->and the name ex1.c->finish
i wrote my program and save it. now i want to debug my ex1.c file so i go to Run->debug->at "project" i browse and insert ex1 and at "c/c++ application" i browsed and insert ex1. and finally press debug. a message open that say "Failed to set program arguments , environment or working directory". at details the message is: "Unable to set working directory: mi_cmd_env_cd: Usage DIRECTORY". what is my problem?

2) In anjuta i want to debug my program ex1.c i press Debug->run target -> i have two sections "Debugger target" and "command line parameters". what should i put in this sections ?

thanks and sorry for the long details.

November 18th, 2007, 11:41 AM

December 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
I m getting the same error :(

"Unable to set working directory: mi_cmd_env_cd: Usage DIRECTORY"

January 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
A little late, perhaps, but here is a similar thread that fixed the problem for me: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=43577