PDA

View Full Version : If your girlfriend used Ubuntu and you didn't, would you be intimidated?

kevdog
November 10th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I think if my girlfriend used Ubuntu and I didnt I somehow would feel intimidated around computers when I was with her. I'm not sure. The situation seems so theoretical but almost impossible. Has this ever happened to anyone??

BoneKracker
November 10th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Not if I used Gentoo. :)

creeco
November 10th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I don't think it has, because you can almost count the all the girls that use ubuntu on one hand! (kidding)

n3tfury
November 10th, 2007, 03:02 PM
not in the least bit.

Mazza558
November 10th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I don't think it has, because you can almost count the all the girls that use ubuntu on one hand! (kidding)

We have a winner!

runningwithscissors
November 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM
No, because Ubuntu is for n00bs.

PriceChild
November 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I think a fairer question would be "If you still used windows/macosx, would you be intimidated by any person running linux?" Assuming that the situation would change because its a woman/girlfriend (rather than even a boyfriend) makes me think you may have a few issues you need to sort out in life...

santiagoward2000
November 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM

And I can count Ubuntu users who have girlfriends with the other! :lolflag:
Sadly, I'm not one of those... :(

kevdog
November 10th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Not to sound sexist, however I dont think it goes both ways. For the most part I dont think girlfriends who have boyfriends who use Ubuntu just for the most part ignore that part of their relationship (or at least dont express much interest), however in the reverse situation, I dont think this would be the reaction.

n3tfury
November 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
And I can count Ubuntu users who have girlfriends with the other! :

i hope you're joking.

ice60
November 10th, 2007, 04:12 PM
i had a GF who was a child genius, she passed all her exams with A grades 7 or 8 years early and went to cambridge etc. i just took comfort in the fact i could always get her in a head-lock or a flying armbar or wahatever if it came down to it :lolflag:

santiagoward2000
November 10th, 2007, 04:13 PM
i hope you're joking.

I'm joking about counting them with one hand, but not about not being one of them.... :cry:

daynah
November 10th, 2007, 04:19 PM
i hope you're joking.

I sure was thinking it.

Dimitriid
November 10th, 2007, 04:25 PM
No I wouldn't. I admit that im much more of a geek than her but that is not a problem. I also love music and my girlfriend is a lot more knowledgeable in music theory than I am and im not the least bit intimidated, in fact im happy and I want her to teach me a few things so I can become a better musician.

enchance
November 11th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Thank god my girlfriend doesn't even know what ubuntu is! She's a mac user and that's good enough for me. Hwehehehe

-grubby
November 11th, 2007, 06:23 AM
no..because I'd be using debian :)

Irihapeti
November 11th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I think that if someone's inclined to feel intimidated, then they'll find something to feel intimidated about. And if they can't find something, they'll make it up.:)

thenailedone
November 11th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free. Linus Torvalds

I would love if my girlfriend was an Ubuntu user... I am not sure how my wife will feel about it however... ;)

andhar
November 11th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I have a gf who is pre-med and jesus she is smart but when it comes to computers she'd rather nuke them that learn how to fix a serious problem or put one togather.

so if she used Ubuntu, got I was be happy that a pig in ......

joep
November 11th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Don't think the wife would be to happy. :)

Irish_spartan1775
November 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't be intimidated necessarily, but I would make sure she taught me all the cool shtuff she could do with ubuntu.

you know, come to think of it, I dont know anything about ubuntu. Where did all of you learn how to use it?

n3tfury
November 11th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't be intimidated necessarily, but I would make sure she taught me all the cool shtuff she could do with ubuntu.

you know, come to think of it, I dont know anything about ubuntu. Where did all of you learn how to use it?

by exploring the OS. the internet (here, google searches, wikis)

kevdog
November 11th, 2007, 01:48 PM

From my girlfriend ;)