PDA

View Full Version : MS Money Replacement

afderrick
November 9th, 2007, 11:11 PM
So I have used MS Money for a while and have tried to find a replacement for it since Wine does not like it. I have not had any luck, just an FYI: I am so picky that I tried Quicken and hated it. I have also tried Moneydance and had mixed feelings towards it and I just want to get suggestions from the people here. The things I want to do with it are to have my budget and watch it, easily see my income and expenses, and watch my upcoming and overdue bills (Moneydance did all of this fine). The problem I am having trouble finding is I have certain budget items (eating out, groceries) that aren't a set monthly expense and I like to see the remaining amount in my budget for these items easily on the front page or somewhere. Ultimately I don't want to have to go run reports weekly to see how much money I have left in these budget categories. Does anyone have a suggestion to meet my standards? Or maybe like in Moneydance I just didn't see a certain configuration that I needed to change.

Thanks.

-grubby
November 9th, 2007, 11:15 PM
have you tried turbocash?

afderrick
November 9th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I have not, I am googling it right now, thanks.

-grubby
November 9th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I have not, I am googling it right now, thanks.

no need. just install it in the synaptic package manager

ericesque
November 9th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Man, the screenshots are slop but the features sound about right. I'll be giving this a go tonight. I need a Money replacement too!

afderrick
November 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I will be trying it this weekend also.

Incense
November 10th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I've never used MS Money, but maybe have a go at Kmymoney.

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10180

Description:
KMyMoney is the Personal Finance Manager for the wonderful KDE. It operates similar to MS-Money, supports different account types, categorisation of expenses and incomes, reconciliation of bank accounts and QIF import/export.