PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most useless plugin in compiz?

Fixman
November 9th, 2007, 09:27 PM
From the creators of "Whats the most useless thing in Ubuntu" we bring you this product:

Compiz has lots of cool design, interactivity performance etc. features, witch I don't think one could learn half of them in a lifetime, so I ask, in your opinion, whats the MOST USELESS thing on Compiz? The one you are sure you will NEVER USE?

I think it is "gears inside cube"

Kingsley
November 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM
This product sucks. I want a refund.

-grubby
November 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM
the compiz splash screen

Nano Geek
November 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM
or the Water effect.

BDNiner
November 9th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Sticky windows, there are 2 places that enable your windows to stick to the sides of the screen and other windows. very usesless. What ever happened to the floating windows plugin? it was useless but kinda cool to show friends and co workers.

SoulPatch
November 9th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I am going with the gears as well. Completely useless. At least most of the other stuff has the "cool" factor.

alwiap
November 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM
WRITING FIRE ON THE SCREEN

i would be more impressed if it actually burned the monitor; i have a few old monitors i would do that with :)

santiagoward2000
November 9th, 2007, 10:07 PM
the compiz splash screen

Hey! I use it!!

ticopelp
November 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
WRITING FIRE ON THE SCREEN

i would be more impressed if it actually burned the monitor; i have a few old monitors i would do that with :)

Truly, we need more software features that actually set fire to physical objects. I want a Firefox plugin that will set fire to people who annoy me on the Internet.

-grubby
November 9th, 2007, 10:11 PM
or the Water effect.

I like the water effect

FG123
November 9th, 2007, 10:19 PM
The Application Switcher, if only for the fact it has a known tendancy to crash Emerald (at least for me with 64-bit Gutsy).

Oh, and of course, fire.

Nano Geek
November 9th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I like the water effectI do to, but it doesn't do much to help you use your computer. :)

alwiap
November 9th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I do to, but it doesn't do much to help you use your computer. :)

the water effect is amazing when it's raining outside, its just like taking a shower with the tub full and pretending you're in a submarine that was hit

santiagoward2000
November 9th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Truly, we need more software features that actually set fire to physical objects. I want a Firefox plugin that will set fire to people who annoy me on the Internet.

Do I annoy you? If I do, could you please warn me when you get that extension??

jpittack
November 9th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I love fire on screen. Rather than locking my computer, I put fire on the screen with a DO NOT TOUCH! message to it. I haven't gotten any weird looks when I come back yet, but I haven't sat next to anyone in a public place either.

But I say gears.

ticopelp
November 9th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Do I annoy you? If I do, could you please warn me when you get that extension??

:lolflag:

Nano Geek
November 9th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I love fire on screen. Rather than locking my computer, I put fire on the screen with a DO NOT TOUCH! message to it. I haven't gotten any weird looks when I come back yet, but I haven't sat next to anyone in a public place either.

But I say gears.HAHA! I've done that to.

FG123
November 9th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Wow... that's a bloody good idea! :)

CanonKen
November 9th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Has to be the clone desktop and color filter for me, can't see the point in them at all.

alwiap
November 9th, 2007, 10:41 PM
if they made the fire plugin have prewritten messages or messages you could write and then save, i would write an elaborate message and use it when i went away from the computer. until then, nope.

jpittack
November 12th, 2007, 07:28 PM
A big X would do the job. Most don't know that they are looking at compiz until you tell them. I only know of two people at school that use linux as a main os.

The best time to use fire is in the middle of class. Just streak it across the screen and then get rid of it. See if anyone asks.

glupee
November 12th, 2007, 07:39 PM
one more vote for the gears... I loved the 3d windows, unfortunately it didn't come default on gutsy :(

Sunflower1970
November 12th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Another vote for 3D Gears, the fish in the middle of the cube, fire, snow plugin, water effects...

although I do love the fishies and snow plugin.. :D

DeadSuperHero
November 13th, 2007, 12:27 AM
the water effect is amazing when it's raining outside, its just like taking a shower with the tub full and pretending you're in a submarine that was hit

:lolflag:

I don't really think ANY of the features are completely useless.
However, I would like some plugins someday that would implement them differently:

-water plugin that merely has that "bottom of the pool effect" (you know, when the effect starts dying down), and it would be integrated as some sort of animated desktop wallpaper.

- Rotate window plugin: could be rewritten for when you're browsing documents like photos. Imagine being able to rotate them in a file browser! Yaaay!

- Animated fire backgrounds for Expo and the Reflected Rotated Cube.

Stuff like that would just rock my socks like a fox in a box.

yatt
November 13th, 2007, 01:12 AM
From the creators of "Whats the most useless thing in Ubuntu" we bring you this product:

Compiz has lots of cool design, interactivity performance etc. features, witch I don't think one could learn half of them in a lifetime, so I ask, in your opinion, whats the MOST USELESS thing on Compiz? The one you are sure you will NEVER USE?

I think it is "gears inside cube"

Anything under Accessibility. I don't, and won't ever use those.

ajkirchner
November 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM
what if you have fire on the screen and then turn on the water effect? it should slowly put out the fire...:lolflag:

hessiess
November 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM
everything

tumbleweed05
February 1st, 2008, 12:56 AM
cube gears IMO. it'd be better if I could change the colors.

delfick
February 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM
hehehe, gube gears is just to show it's possible to put stuff in the centre of the cube :D
(i.e. it's not a serious plugin, and it's just there to hopefully lead to more interesting things being put into the centre of the cube, like the cube dbus plugin can do :))

(also, the 3d windows plugin isn't compatible with the version of compiz in ubuntu :D)

and just to add to the discussion, I say (this is hard, cause I'm an eyecandy-addict :D) the zoom plugin, cause I've also got the enhanced zoom plugin installed.

hehehe