PDA

View Full Version : Ugly firefox widgets

samb0057
November 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Is there a fix available or being worked on for this? The OS looks great, but somehow theyve decided to stick with the 1995 widget style in both browsers ive used (firefox/epiphany)

svtfmook
November 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM
change the theme?

bruce89
November 9th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Mozilla haven't been bothered to fix this. This is an example of their not caring about Linux any more.

Firefox 3.0 (apt:firefox-3.0) is fine though.

WebKit is coming along nicely, and I hope Epiphany will use it soonish.

Nano Geek
November 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Mozilla haven't been bothered to fix this. This is an example of their not caring about Linux any more.
Firefox 3.0 (apt:firefox-3.0) is fine though.Didn't you just contridict yourself?

the_darkside_986
November 9th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Are you referring to the html form and Javascript widgets? Yeah those are hideous. At least with KHTML, in konqueror, all the widgets match whatever KDE theme is selected. I am looking forward to a nice WebKit port. gecko seems to have some serious problems.

akiratheoni
November 9th, 2007, 03:50 PM
What annoys me is the buttons like when it's asking you to restore a session or the bookmarks on the toolbar... it's a very ugly square and no matter what I've done, it won't change it.

bruce89
November 9th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Didn't you just contridict yourself?

Sort of, it's taken them a very long time to get this fixed.

Scrollbar's arrows still don't go insensitive at the top and bottom though.

crimesaucer
November 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
What annoys me is the buttons like when it's asking you to restore a session or the bookmarks on the toolbar... it's a very ugly square and no matter what I've done, it won't change it.

Firefox 3 beta rc1 has fixed everything with all the "square" buttons...

I tried the un-official beta release candidate and it was much better than any of the alpha versions. All my gtk buttons and radio buttons/check boxes were all using my clearlooks widget themes...

Even Gmail was looking really good using my glossy clearlooks buttons.

The only problem was that the browser was still very buggy, so I figure I can wait for a latter beta version that is closer to being finished.

n3tfury
November 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
WebKit is coming along nicely, and I hope Epiphany will use it soonish.

you really need to put that in your sig.

qazwsx
November 9th, 2007, 05:07 PM
It is easy to fix in KDE (open/save dialogs) just install (requires compiling) and configure kgtk-wrapper for firefox..

n3tfury
November 9th, 2007, 05:09 PM
that may be an easy fix for you, but alot of users here do not care to compile. me being one of them.

mcduck
November 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM
That's easy problem to fix: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=369596&highlight=firefox+widgets

bruce89
November 9th, 2007, 05:59 PM
you really need to put that in your sig.

It's too long as it is, but I'll try my best.