PDA

View Full Version : Flock 1.0 available from GetDeb

MattBD
November 8th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I don't know if anyone else has seen, but there's now a .deb package of Flock 1.0 for Ubuntu Gutsy (both 32 and 64 bit versions) available from GetDeb at http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=Flock and it's great.
I've been using Flock for less than a week and it's great - I still use Firefox for most of my web browsing, but Flock is great for blogging and on things like Facebook.
What does everyone else think of Flock? I've put a request into the Ideas pool to have Flock 1.0 included in the Ubuntu repositories for Hardy Heron - agree or disagree?

Ender Black
November 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Been using Flock for the last week or so as well. I haven't used FireFox since I opened it up the first time. It is the most convenient web browser. As well, it seems to render pretty quick and handles video sites better than FireFox as well. In fact, I haven't had one browser gray-out since I switched to Flock like I used to get when watching YouTube videos.

MattBD
November 8th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Yes, I found it renders a lot quicker than Firefox as well, especially on sites like Digg.

oldos2er
November 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I haven't used Firefox since I found Flock, uninstalled Opera too.

BobCFC
November 8th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I've been using it for a few days now, feels very modern. I download and extracted the i686 version from the website and it just works on my 64bit system.

Also most of the addons from https://addons.mozilla.org work so far.. tried Adblock plus and flashblock.. I hear it's only the ones that work with bookmarks that have problems with the new bookmarks layout.

I'm going to stick with it even though I don't use half of the stuff such as facebook

mark_herring
November 27th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I installed Flock 1.0 from getdeb.net and when I try to run it, it never starts up. I allowed the installer to go and install the program. Was there another step needed to get it going? I use Flock under Microcrap but would rather use it under Ubuntu 7.10. Thanks in advance.

jowste
November 29th, 2007, 05:47 AM
I installed Flock 1.0 from getdeb.net and when I try to run it, it never starts up. I allowed the installer to go and install the program. Was there another step needed to get it going? I use Flock under Microcrap but would rather use it under Ubuntu 7.10. Thanks in advance.

Same thing here. Am running Ubuntu 7.10, I install Flock 1.0 and then try to start it and nothing. It acts like its going to start but never does.

Anybody have any idears??

Crashmaxx
November 29th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Same thing here. Am running Ubuntu 7.10, I install Flock 1.0 and then try to start it and nothing. It acts like its going to start but never does.

Anybody have any idears??

You don't have any versions of Firefox open do you? Anything that is based on Firefox will just open the current version of it if its already running. Just a thought.

I'll try it, but it looks like a Firefox with a IE7 like theme and some silly social stuff. I'd be surprised if I like it more the Swiftfox.

EDIT: I tried it and it was better then I thought. Stuff like the facebook sidebar was neat, though useless. The clipboard panel and the photo uploader looked nice too. I'll stick with Swiftfox for now though, but if they get better del.icio.us integration and have some other themes I'll have to give it another look. I certainly didn't uninstall it yet.