PDA

View Full Version : Kopete now has MSN webcam support!

cowlip
August 29th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Yippee..it was fixed yesterday :)

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=70538

------- Additional Comment #43 From Ollivier-Lapeyre Johann 2005-08-28 14:49 -------
BIG THX also!!

It's not difficult to use Kopte svn together an 3.4 KDE following this:

1) Install libjpeg-devel
2)
svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdenetwork
cd kdenetwork
svn up kopete
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --enable-debug
cd kopete
make
su -c "make install"

It works on my Suse9.3/Kde 3.4

I'm trying to compile it now, I'll report back how it turns out.

skoal
August 29th, 2005, 02:41 AM
I'm trying to compile it now, I'll report back how it turns out.
Please do. Also, let us know if they plan on releasing any secret access codes - like the one unlocking the hidden direct IM feature! I can't seem to find that little flipper anywhere. Until then, that little yellow man in my systray will continue yanking at the chain around my neck.

\\//_

blinksilver
August 29th, 2005, 03:28 AM
mad props, now if they could get aim av working, i would have enough reason to switch from gaim

npaladin2000
August 29th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Who cares about MSN webcam, I need to see Yahoo webcam support!

Good thing I've got Gaim-vv and Gyach-Enhanced. :D

cowlip
August 29th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Well, it compiled fine, but webcam still not working :( oh well.

patrick295767
January 5th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Like always, webcam not working and will never work
Linux is damn crap again for drivers ...

AgentZ86
January 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
man it's sooooo much easier for people to just install wengo phone which has your msn and yahoo buddy list and if your windows friends won't install it what is their problem.

Are they just addicted to MSN and windows or something.

I would like to install aMSN or have Gaim work with webcams etc. but why keep trying to force it.

My family installed wengo and never looked back webcam support voice etc. all works well and you can use kopete or gaim for chat and online status etc. if you like or even trillian on wine.

Then if you see your buddy online ask him to switch to wengo for a while so you all can chat.

Instead of forcing you to use msn why not force them to use something you can use like wengo or skype or something gizmo etc.

even Uselplane apps are really cool not pesky downloads and live voice video chat works really well in my opinion

Perhaps if your using an IM and you want to chat don't even have to use wengo just signup for free userplane webchat and then send them an IM link to your room and you'll be in live video/audio in nothing flat.

Also sometimes with my webcam I have not messed with all the controls but I have to use my external mic instead of the built in mic on my webcam only on some linux programs, and only because I don't know how to force the usb cam to be the default audio mic.

But that is just my in experience.

Anyhow thats all I know happy webcamming.

try my room and then signup and get your own

http://www.userplane.com/directory/index.cfm?action=domain.viewDomain&domain_id=238815

you can fool with the flash vid and audio setting from here,but I talk to people on this when I have time.

bufsabre666
January 11th, 2008, 06:33 PM
awesome now if they can make kopete not look like total trash ill use it