PDA

View Full Version : Long time reader, first time poster

4bit4
August 28th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I just wanted to greet the community here. I've run distros of Mandrake, RedHat, FreeBSD and a few others for a couple days here and there and I have to say I LOVE Ubuntu. One of the greatest parts of the distro is this forum. In very little time and with very little effort I got everything working on my machine. I'm straight up floored at how great it is. I wanted to publicly thank everyone who has posted questions and answers on this forum. You've all made my life easier and my experience with Ubuntu so positive. Hopefully I'll be on the answering questions side of this forum soon. Damn I sound cheesy.

Kapre
August 28th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I just wanted to greet the community here. I've run distros of Mandrake, RedHat, FreeBSD and a few others for a couple days here and there and I have to say I LOVE Ubuntu. One of the greatest parts of the distro is this forum. In very little time and with very little effort I got everything working on my machine. I'm straight up floored at how great it is. I wanted to publicly thank everyone who has posted questions and answers on this forum. You've all made my life easier and my experience with Ubuntu so positive. Hopefully I'll be on the answering questions side of this forum soon. Damn I sound cheesy.
Welcome and enjoy the Linux world thru Ubuntu!

K

sapo
August 28th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Welcome.. just keep posting.. someday you will join the flood team too :grin:

matthew
August 28th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I wanted to publicly thank everyone who has posted questions and answers on this forum.
Hopefully I'll be on the answering questions side of this forum soon.
You are quite welcome and I am looking forward to your continued participation. Glad you're here!

darkmatter
August 28th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!!!

Freddy
August 28th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Hi and welcome, allways nice to see some new faces :).
FreeBSD is not another distro it's a diffrent OS and it's not using the Linux kernel, now I'm done with this messerschmidt attitude, sorry for that :). /// Freddan

izmaelis
August 28th, 2005, 09:58 PM
One of the greatest parts of the distro is this forum.
IMHO, Linux is all about the community. You should try connecting to Ubuntu channel on Freenode IRC. They help people a lot too.

manicka
August 28th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Welcome aboard :D