PDA

View Full Version : gtk toolbar question

jondecker76
November 8th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I'm writing my first application to get familiar with development in Linux. I'm going to go with Python and Glade (both of which I'm just learning). I do have plenty of c/c++ experience along with a hand full of other scripting languages.

I've seen applications in Gnome that have toolbars with buttons that act like radio buttons (only one of a grop can be selected and active at one time)
Can I set this up in glade, or do I need to code something in Python that gets a signal when one is clicked on, sets it as active and sets the rest as inactive?

thanks,

Jon

AlexThomson_NZ
November 8th, 2007, 03:21 AM
In Glade, create a toolbar and right-click it, select "Edit" and it takes you to a screen where you can add buttons, dividers, etc.

Create some buttons, select them and change the type to "Radio". I'm sure you can work it out from here.

HTH

jondecker76
November 8th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Thanks, got it now!

Now I just have to learn how to process signals in python and I'm set

jondecker76
November 8th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Another question...

I have a toolbar with 5 GtkRadioToolButtons grouped together. Now I am trying to process the signals in Python.

I've tried the on_button1_toggled signal, and it works - just not how I want it to.. Right now, it fires any time that button changes (on or off).. I want to detect it only if it is changed to On only.

Any idea what I can use to detect that?

thanks

Quikee
November 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Another question...

I have a toolbar with 5 GtkRadioToolButtons grouped together. Now I am trying to process the signals in Python.

I've tried the on_button1_toggled signal, and it works - just not how I want it to.. Right now, it fires any time that button changes (on or off).. I want to detect it only if it is changed to On only.

Any idea what I can use to detect that?

thanks

When the event is fired just filter with if statement. Something like this:

if button.get_active() == True:
buttonHasChangedToOn();

jondecker76
November 8th, 2007, 04:55 PM
thanks, worked like a charm