View Full Version : Saying SUCKA is bad, PIRACY is ok on here?

November 7th, 2007, 04:49 AM
i received an infraction for saying this

'Im sure they're loving the suckaz that buy their over priced products, o wait sorry you own a couple. Did they come with free hair gel and some apple logo stickers?'

to an apple user (screen name Chrisj303).

The infraction was given by Frodon.

I said that in response to Chrisj303 saying

'I'm sure Apple are reeling from losing your sale.

And what are you talking about XP for? - I thought serious computer users didn't need a GUI?'.

TBH I'm not really concerned about it, i think the admin over reacted and punished me for doing no less than Chrisj303 did, we were both sarcastic and patronizing.

What does concern me however are these comments by user Chrisj303:

''Vista better than Mac? - your either just flame baiting or a *Complete* moron.

If you hate Mac OSX so much why do you even visit this forum, all your comments seem to be half-arsed wise cracks.''

You can call someone a MORON on this forum, but not a sucka?

Even more troubling is the fact that there is advocacy of pirating software on this forum.

''I will get it off a Bittorrent tracker or Usenet the moment it comes out.

I will then buy it when I have a few quid spare...

Thats what I do with all Apple software.''

I'm sorry but i fel this is completely unacceptable and is something apple should be made aware of. I don't think this is the kind of thing that Canonical is about is it?

November 7th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I quickly glanced over the thread and noticed much inappropriate behavior overall. You are right in pointing out that these posts are also inappropriate, but it does not excuse the inciteful remarks that you made.

Let's try to keep it clean and not get involved in mud throwing, ok? :)

November 7th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Sure, better for all involved. I did say we were both to blame so is there any chance of this infraction being lifted? I still feel it was a little harsh and one sided.

November 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I read the post and the thread in question. You received a one point infraction that does not limit your ability to access or use these forums in any way. You received it justly based on your post, and your posting style in general. It was given as a warning accompanied by a request to modify your posting style. That is reasonable.

Whether or not anyone else received infractions is immaterial. You deserved what you received and the infraction will remain until it expires. Sorry you felt it was harsh. I think it was pretty lenient--I mean, it was one lousy point that expires after a short time and it didn't actually affect your account in any way.