PDA

View Full Version : Official Meeting Interval

e30power
November 7th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Please discuss below:
In addition to deciding when the official meetings will be held and how often, we need to decide on a quorum. How many people do you think it takes to meet said quorum?

tlepes
December 1st, 2007, 05:49 AM
Okay... my vote for monthly broke the tie between bi-weekly and monthly meetings. But I am not opposed to bi-weekly, or twice a month. My main concern is inclusion. Here is my thinking...

Monthly is great if it is on a certain day of the month, like the 20th or some such, because the day of the week will be different each time. No one will be left unable to attend because they can never make "third tuesdays" or what have you.

But this would be dependent on the scheduling options with the venue. If the place chosen needs to be scheduled, and preferes some "third saturday" sort of arrangement, then a second meeting each month might make sense - so long as it is on a different day of the week. Die-hards can attend both meetings, and those with fixed schedules can make the one that works for them.

Like I said, my main concern is inclusion for others. Myself - my schedule changes week to week. So sometimes I will be free, sometimes not, regardless of how the meetings are scheduled.

Peace!
Tim

exneo002
March 5th, 2008, 01:41 AM
word how about weekly with monthly IMPORTANT meetings. Lets have the weekly meetings on the nlug irc freenode I'm sure they would love it! That would let us who live outside of metro be active in the team!!!

ECHLON_|-|un73r
October 10th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I like the Idea of twice a month, the weekly meetings with important monthly meetings is good too, but some people living further away will miss some of the meetings to save some gas. (at least in my case.)