PDA

View Full Version : Microchip spies

LaRoza
November 6th, 2007, 07:03 PM
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/17027

I don't think that will work, and see possible outrage...

zach12
November 6th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Thats a bit creepy

FuturePilot
November 6th, 2007, 07:56 PM
:shock:
That's just ridiculous. I think some people need tinfoil hats.

jflaker
November 6th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Lets look at the possibilities........

automated attendance? My friend spilled something on their shirt and asked to borrow mine....now they "are not in school", but I am in class twice or in two classes at once?

knowledge of the chips will cause a "black market" for uniforms or countermeasures for being tracked.

RFID is great for merchandise, livestock, pets and persons that may wander because of Alzheimer's or mental retardation.......not children.

LaRoza
November 6th, 2007, 08:09 PM
What about them being ripped out? Or hand me downs, or a nudist school?

Maybe if they imbedded the chips in school property, like books, computers, and calculators, but not people.

Lster
November 6th, 2007, 08:20 PM
It's stupid. I mean, there are so many problems with the idea.

For example what happens if someone steals someones jumper and starts causing havoc wearing it. I bet the original student would get in trouble (unless they had some pretty good evidence that someone nicked it). Would a RFID chip constitute evidence?

Or people who just buy new uniform and it looks like they're bunking off every day!

FuturePilot
November 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Yes, there's too many problems with the idea. Let's not forget, someone will figure out how to hack it someday. :p

koleoptero
November 6th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I'd put my uniform in the first flight to some distant country.

Blutack
November 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM
1) Get one of those clockwork cat feeders
2) Coat the inside in tinfoil
3) Sync the cat feeder so it opens 15min before your school day and closes 15min after
4) Remove RFID tag, place in cat feeder
5) Hide cat feeder in school

Well, maybe not. Wish I lived there. Make a bloody fortune doing nothing except carrying peoples shirts in my backpack around all day.

smartboyathome
November 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Yes, there's too many problems with the idea. Let's not forget, someone will figure out how to hack it someday. :p

This might actually cause the inverse of what it was intended to be used for. A program you can put on there which could record where you move, and then you can play it back instead of the GPS. Instant school skipping device.

LaRoza
November 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM

Hacking is no problem, it is a little chip emitting a small signal.