PDA

View Full Version : Google Talk thread

Adrenal
August 28th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Its here, tomorrow is indeed today.
As such, post your gmail address, and we can all talk to each other over Google Talk, and share stories of our mirth and merriment.
Mine is adrenal at gmail dot com

Wolki
August 28th, 2005, 04:32 AM
I like that they use jabber, it's a nice but underused protocol. And it's open :) I hope they will find a way to integrate the Google Talk service with other jabber servers.

I think I'll try it out once they finally open their service to everybody.

drizek
August 28th, 2005, 04:59 AM
I like that they use jabber, it's a nice but underused protocol. And it's open :) I hope they will find a way to integrate the Google Talk service with other jabber servers.

post your email address and ill send you a gmail invite.

xaque
August 28th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Yeah, I haven't used any of my Gmail invites yet... if there's anyone on these forums who doesn't have one, and wants one, just ask. (now they've opened it to mobile phone users, which is nearly everyone, but still)

DJ_Max
August 29th, 2005, 09:44 PM

For clarity, they are using the XMPP protocol, which was created by Jabber, INC. ;-)
But you're right, it use underused.
Google uses Open Source software extensively. Which is why I'm a supporter of Google. I will gladly use Google Talk IM, which I've been waiting for Google to come out with.

I also have 50 Gmail invites, if anyone wants one.

ssck
August 30th, 2005, 02:36 AM
i have gmail invites available too ... if anybody needs one let me know

phibxr
August 31st, 2005, 04:41 PM
i have gmail invites available too ... if anybody needs one let me know
Google Talk seems interesting indeed. I like the idea of using the Jabber protocol.

Could someone send an invite to phibxr@joshua.haninge.kth.se? I'd like to take a look at this service. :)

Edit: Feel free to add me at phibxr (a.t) gmail.com.

DJ_Max
August 31st, 2005, 05:46 PM
Google Talk seems interesting indeed. I like the idea of using the Jabber protocol.

Could someone send an invite to phibxr@joshua.haninge.kth.se? I'd like to take a look at this service. :)
sent

Wolki
September 1st, 2005, 02:34 PM
Someone else having trouble connecting to the google-talk server? Sometimes it seems to work, most of the time it doesn't. Wondering if I did something wrong.

Ampersand
September 1st, 2005, 02:39 PM
I'd appreciate a gmail/google talk invite (richardablitt@yahoo.co.uk).
Thanks

earobinson
September 1st, 2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks
sent

Wolki
September 1st, 2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks

sent.

[edit] oops, too late. sorry.

Ampersand
September 1st, 2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks, I'm now richardablitt at gmail . com

earobinson
September 1st, 2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks, I'm now richardablitt at gmail . com
good luck and spread gtalk

phibxr
September 1st, 2005, 10:24 PM
I'm interested in what will happen when GTalk goes final - a Jabber based IM-network supported by nothing else than Google itself.

I think Ubuntuforums should add a field for GTalk-name as Google openly supports Gaim. They even have a help page (http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/answer.py?answer=24073) for it!

What are your impressions of GTalk so far?

earobinson
September 2nd, 2005, 02:43 PM
I'm interested in what will happen when GTalk goes final - a Jabber based IM-network supported by nothing else than Google itself.

I think Ubuntuforums should add a field for GTalk-name as Google openly supports Gaim. They even have a help page (http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/answer.py?answer=24073) for it!

What are your impressions of GTalk so far?
I would not hold your breath for gtalk to go final (look at gmail), and no one knows where they are going to take it. I hope that they take it the ICQ way, but keep it open source.

That is to say that they have the core program and then let users install plugins for anything else they want eg icons, web cam, and all that jazz

mike998
September 2nd, 2005, 04:22 PM
My gmail address is theunderpantsgnome {AT} gmail {DOT} com.
If anyone wants a gmail address, or just wants to chat, feel free to email or add me!