PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a ... Table?!!

hellmet
November 6th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I don't think I should be asking this here, but, would someone help me get a sub 30$ study table??
I've been looking all around the web for a simple table that would server as a study table cum Computer monitor table. I don't need anything else out of it. It can be made of any material, but it just needs to have a .75m X 1m tabletop with four legs. Thats it. Whatever site I visit has these costly ultra desks with a price tag nothing less than 100$. I can't afford it.

professor fate
November 6th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I don't think I should be asking this here, but, would someone help me get a sub 30$ study table??
I've been looking all around the web for a simple table that would server as a study table cum Computer monitor table. I don't need anything else out of it. It can be made of any material, but it just needs to have a .75m X 1m tabletop with four legs. Thats it. Whatever site I visit has these costly ultra desks with a price tag nothing less than 100$. I can't afford it.

Go to your nearest Ikea store.

-grubby
November 6th, 2007, 05:24 AM
if that's all you need why not just make your own?

oldos2er
November 6th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Goodwill, Salvation Army, or any other thrift store near you.

hellmet
November 6th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Go to your nearest Ikea store.
Thanks a bunch.. Thats a great website..

hellmet
November 6th, 2007, 07:36 AM
if that's all you need why not just make your own?
If it were a computer, I would have :D

hellmet
November 6th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Goodwill, Salvation Army, or any other thrift store near you.
I've just one thrift store here in Kingsville. Thanks for that info too.
I'm new to the US, and its people like you guys whom I'd be grateful to.

CyberBob
November 6th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Have a look at your local Walmart store - there is one in Kingston, TX. You should be able to find something suitable there at low cost.

Good luck.

urukrama
November 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
If they have charity or thrift shops in your area, go and have a look there. You'll often find good things for very cheap. You can also join your local freecycle (http://www.freecycle.org/) group and hope someone in your area wants to get rid of a table you can use.

I have never ever bought a piece of furniture new. I either got it from friends, bought it second hand, or found it on the street. Second hand furniture has often so much more character than anything you find in Ikea, Walmart or the like, and it can be a lot cheaper as well.