Medieval_Creations
November 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM
+1 for Tory.

em007a
November 5th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Troy works for me. +1

wolfger
November 5th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Chances are, nothing near me will attract anybody else, but Port Huron is about as good as Troy for me, and further from other existing groups.

tjagoda
November 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
You're about as far away from Troy as I am. I dont think that anything in this immediate area will attract attention, though.

wolfger
November 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
You're about as far away from Troy as I am. I dont think that anything in this immediate area will attract attention, though.

That's why I suggested Port Huron, which has a bit higher population than the New Baltimore/Richmond area. Probably more Linux people around Troy, but they can also drive a relatively short distance to other groups already clustered in the Metro Detroit area. A Port Huron group may also attract folks from Canada (Sarnia).

I'd be willing to attend LUG meetings in Troy depending rather heavily upon when they are held. No way am I going to drive home from work (Auburn Hills) and then right back out to Troy. Meetings would have to be early evening or weekend for me.

tjagoda
November 11th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Does anybody know the distance (from Troy) to the nearest LUG/SIG?

wolfger
November 11th, 2007, 04:02 AM
From Troy to MDLUG for the most recent meeting is 27 miles. From Troy to where MDLUG was meeting the last time I actually attended a meeting (admittedly a long time ago) is less than half that distance. I haven't really been paying attention to whether or not the meetings are in one consistent location.

tjagoda
November 11th, 2007, 04:31 AM
I actually work in Port Huron, so that would be an optimal location for me. Troy, however, seems to have recieved very good attention thus far.

Although, you do raise a valid point. We wouldn't want to be pulling membership away from other LUGs in the imediate area.

pinghacker
November 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I live and work in Troy so in couldn't get much better for me.

rustybronco
November 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I actually work in Port Huron, so that would be an optimal location for me. Troy, however, seems to have recieved very good attention thus far.
MARYSVILLE! Just kidding...

tjagoda
November 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Mkay, it's been quite a while, and even with the ability to suggest alternate locations, Troy does still seem to be coming out with more than 50% of the vote. With this in mind, I am now going to close this poll and open another, with only yes/no options for a LUG in Troy, and depending on how that vote swings we'll go from there.

wolfger
November 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
MARYSVILLE! Just kidding...
I vote for Marysville.

tjagoda
November 24th, 2007, 03:24 AM
Go! Go vote in the new poll! Stop replying here! =P

LINK :http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=618299

Tig3rzhark
November 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I think Dearborn would be a much better location than Troy.

tjagoda
November 29th, 2007, 08:20 PM
what part of stop replying here...? :(

Go here! http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=618299