PDA

View Full Version : Free and legal movie viewing online

PartisanEntity
November 3rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
I just read in the AUstrian Der Standard that a number of US TV channels plan to fight the uploading of their movies to YouTube by setting up their own platform where viewers can watch movies. The idea is to control the spread of their films and rake in some money from advertising. Currently NBC and Fox are part of this platform.

The plat form is called hulu.com

Sunflower1970
November 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
That's cool. I know with NBC I can watch some shows from NBC.com if I miss them when they're originally played. The quality seems pretty high and I was able to watch them using Ubuntu.

Edited:

Decided I wanted to watch the first episode of Journeyman right now. Used FF went to the site, and I can't view it...?! Two weeks ago I watched the first episode of Chuck on my computer using this same site and now it won't play?! It'll play with IE6 under Wine but not FF or even Opera...What changed in the two weeks since I watched one episode and now...?!

Edited again..

Since I had trouble with NBC,figured I'd mosey over to Fox since I"ve watched full episodes of 'Till Death before. Grrr..I'm now getting a message that I can't watch it because my OS isn't supported...Yet in the summer I was able to watch these episodes just fine...

-grubby
November 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
that's awesome!

psyopper
November 3rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
It sounds cool but in actuality it's based on greedy income mongers on NBC's part. It's all over the web.

The official Apple iTunes news release (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/08/31itunes.html)

n3tfury
November 3rd, 2007, 05:30 PM
i can't stand watching movies on a PC of any sort, but tv episodes i do sometimes.

secular
November 13th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I'm watching an episode of "Life" on nbc.com right now, using Firefox. I have to use the User Agent Switcher addon and set it to "Netscape 4.8 (Windows Vista)."

Regards...

isionous
December 3rd, 2007, 11:52 PM
I'm having the same problem as Sunflower1970. I can no longer view nbc.com's online episodes. I've tried my usual Firefox, Firefox-through-wine, and Epiphany. I also tried the UserAgent addon and that gives me the same results except with IE7. With UserAgent using IE7, I get a screen that says I need Flash 9 or greater - which I believe I do have. Any tips on manipulating what version of Flash Firefox says it is running?

Oh, and byt "I can no longer view", I mean I get the "Video Loading" screen forever. The video never loads and I see there's no network activity.

Ultra Magnus
December 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
It sounds cool but in actuality it's based on greedy income mongers on NBC's part. It's all over the web.

The official Apple iTunes news release (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/08/31itunes.html)

And Apple sell you episodes of tv shows because steve Jobs is just a nice guy? - I don't understand your point?