PDA

View Full Version : I knew my plan would work....

KingBahamut
August 26th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Post edited to remove undesireabled contents.

Kvark
August 26th, 2005, 07:20 PM
It's sick to laugh about people getting diseases, no matter what company they happen to visit while carrying the disease. [-X

KingBahamut
August 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM
nah, not really.

measels is not a life threatening disease.

Measles is a significant infectious disease because, while the rate of complications is not high, the disease itself is so infectious that the sheer number of people who would suffer complications in an outbreak amongst non-immune people would quickly overwhelm available hospital resources. If vaccination rates fall, the number of non-immune persons in the community rises and the risk of an outbreak of measles consequently rises.

Brunellus
August 26th, 2005, 07:31 PM
nah, not really.

it's still bad form to laugh at people who are ill. that's hardly humanity to others, is it?

KingBahamut
August 26th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Perhaps....again the paradoxial seriousness for which this post appears to have been taken was sheerly against the will of myself.

Post edited to correct.

Sorry if I offended.

Ride Jib
August 26th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I didn't see the original post, but I know what it is in reference to.

I admit, I snickered to myself when I read about the occurence. MS, now spreading virii outside the computer. And, yes, it is unfortunate for those affected by it, and I wish them a speedy recovery.

Brunellus
August 26th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I didn't see the original post, but I know what it is in reference to.

I admit, I snickered to myself when I read about the occurence. MS, now spreading virii outside the computer. And, yes, it is unfortunate for those affected by it, and I wish them a speedy recovery.

Once again: the plural of "virus" is not "virii," as "virii" is not a word or even related to a real word... (it would be the plural of virius, but that doesn't mean anything).

If anything the plural of virus is either vira or virus, but that's a matter of debate in Latin, as the latin word is never used in the plural anywhere. (it means 'stench,' 'muck,' 'slime' or 'poison,' depending on the use). In English, it's viruses.

/end.

NumbSkullMD
August 26th, 2005, 07:59 PM
nah, not really.

Measles can actually be a very dangerous disease with serious consequences for those who catch it.

:?