PDA

View Full Version : Most Popular Free Quality Fonts

ice60
November 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
check out some of these fonts! some are totally free too.
http://techmagazine.ws/most-popular-free-quality-fonts/

Arathorn
November 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
Nice. I'm always on the hunt for a good free font with lower case numerals. It's quite a shame though that OpenOffice.org still doesn't fully support Opentype fonts, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to add it.

-grubby
November 3rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
those are some nice fonts! And their all free too!

Phil Airtime
November 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Nice. I'm always on the hunt for a good free font with lower case numerals. It's quite a shame though that OpenOffice.org still doesn't fully support Opentype fonts, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to add it.

I love the fonts presented on the website mentioned above.

OpenOffice.org is a bit of a shame in many respects. It has a position of domination in the open-source office market, it is included in most popular Linux distros yet isn't really that good. Certainly, it's a perfectly capable piece of software, but given the choice between a free, legal copy of MS Word and OpenOffice.org Writer, I'd regrettably choose Word. The MS package is just that bit more polished and less "clunky". It's also got a silly name. Why not drop the .org bit?

Arathorn
November 4th, 2007, 01:18 AM
The .org is there for legal reasons. There are already other organisations and companies called Openoffice.