PDA

View Full Version : RIAA stuff that doesn't belong in a help forum.

sdowney717
November 2nd, 2007, 05:59 PM
I read that RIAA is going after limewire users.
Did you know that when you download from limewire, your IP is in the download list, your IP directly traces back to you. But you think so what, I am downloading from another limewire user. OK then I read that RIAA is seeding songs into the network, so you might be downloading from RIAA. Now they have your IP and can force your ISP provider to give up your identity. From what I read, people usually settly for a few thousand dollars.

sdowney717
November 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
http://media.www.dailyvidette.com/media/storage/paper420/news/2007/10/04/Features/Riaa-Targets.Fines.Users.Of.Illegal.Music.Download.Site s-3010217-page2.shtml

etc... anyway lots of young kids use limewire and sometimes unbeknown to their parents.

hikaricore
November 2nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
I read that RIAA is going after limewire users.
Did you know that when you download from limewire, your IP is in the download list, your IP directly traces back to you. But you think so what, I am downloading from another limewire user. OK then I read that RIAA is seeding songs into the network, so you might be downloading from RIAA. Now they have your IP and can force your ISP provider to give up your identity. From what I read, people usually settly for a few thousand dollars.

This comment doesn't really belong here. Keep this kinda FUD crap out of legit threads.

Some users have legit reasons for the use of p2p software. If you feel the need to discuss such topics do it in the Community Cafe or the Backyard.

n3tfury
November 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
i didn't realize limewire had any legit files.

hikaricore
November 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Some bands and independant film makers often use p2p networks to get their material out for promotional reasons, same with torrents.

I do understand a large portion of p2p clients such as [blank]wire are for piracy, however it is no one's place to judge other for simply asking how to install such a client.

Thread closed.