PDA

View Full Version : So... anyone good with IRC?

akiratheoni
November 2nd, 2007, 05:52 AM
Basically I have an IRC channel at freenode. I'm operator on it.

But I have a problem... I got disconnected somehow, but i wasn't logged out of the channel. So when I connected, my op account is still logged on and the account I am supposed to be logged on as (akiratheoni) has been changed to the name akiratheon1. Basically, I'm logged onto my operator account AND a normal user account, but I can't access the operator account and since my OTHER op left... I'm screwed =/

How can I fix this? I'm using Pidgin to connect and I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 if it matters.

If it's too confusing, I can explain more. Just ask.

v8YKxgHe
November 2nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
Quite simple, type:

/msg nickserv ghost NormalNick Password

(or just /ghost NormalNick Password)

There is also the channel #freenode which is very helpful, the freenode staff will be more than welcome to help you with anything in there.

PriceChild
November 2nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
You were disconnected somehow however freenode wasn't notified... so your "ghost" remains. It will timeout in a few minutes, but you won't get your ops back. For this the channel needs to be recreated, and so you must be the only one in there.

If you registered your nickname use the above command to get it back.

I'd advise that you register channels though, and use the chanserv access list to help negate these problems next time. I'm normally around under the nick PriceChild or Pricey as well as #freenode if you ever need some help.