PDA

View Full Version : My new Ubuntu blog! Cool Softwares!

boeing777
November 2nd, 2007, 02:10 AM
Hi, I have just created a little Ubuntu blog. Please visit!

http://experienceubuntu.wordpress.com/

Phil Airtime
November 2nd, 2007, 02:12 AM
Just what the world needs!

Kosimo
November 2nd, 2007, 02:12 AM
Would be nice to visit if you post here the address ;)

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2007, 02:14 AM
Would be nice to visit if you post here the address ;)
In the sig.

Nano Geek
November 2nd, 2007, 02:16 AM
Very nice looking.
Keep up the good work.

n3tfury
November 2nd, 2007, 02:16 AM
spam.

boeing777
November 2nd, 2007, 02:17 AM
thank you for support, i just want to learn about Linux in the process

Nano Geek
November 2nd, 2007, 03:11 AM
spam.He's not spamming, several people have linked to their blogs on the forums before, plus he's not trying to sell us anything.

Knyven
November 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
Good site, got interested with the Youtube download.

boeing777
November 2nd, 2007, 03:42 AM
thank you for support, i will be updating it regularly.

Palmyra
November 2nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Could you add a guide on how to create the look you have? Theme, walllpaper, icons, etc. A good guide, please.

boeing777
November 2nd, 2007, 04:04 AM
updated.

FuturePilot
November 2nd, 2007, 04:31 AM
Very nice!
Youtube-dl is an awesome little program.:)

n3tfury
November 2nd, 2007, 05:15 AM
He's not spamming, several people have linked to their blogs on the forums before, plus he's not trying to sell us anything.

yes, just because it's ubuntu flavored. but if it's about some kid blogging about his shortcomings and how he deals with them on a daily basis it's spam.

carry on.

boeing777
November 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
yes, just because it's ubuntu flavored. but if it's about some kid blogging about his shortcomings and how he deals with them on a daily basis it's spam.

carry on.

how about the links in your signature????

n3tfury
November 2nd, 2007, 05:21 PM
yep, they're in my sig, not posting a thread about it. most people don't even bother with looking at sigs so they don't even see it. it woudln't bother me one bit if they asked to remove that.

Phil Airtime
November 2nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
how about the links in your signature????

And after just one day of blogging, you're plugging Microsoft stuff. Never heard of "OPEN" Office? It's just as good, but doesn't cost £££.

n3tfury
November 2nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
this is the thread i was originally talking about. it still baffles me why it was moved.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=582464

s_spiff
November 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Could you add a guide on how to create the look you have? Theme, walllpaper, icons, etc. A good guide, please.
Umm.. I have it on my blog, but that is for all the graphic..vistaish effects...
you can find the howto here (http://alokshenoy.blogrunn.com/ubuntu/the-ubuntu-basics/). Although, written with a amd64 user in mind, it'll work for you too, as it uses all source to install them.

The homepage itself has other howto's for gutsy. But please note, these are all written with newbs in mind.

P.S. I saw some of the above posts where people were saying the mention of one's blog as such is spam, so Mod's incase you decide it is as was said, please do delete my post.

boeing777
November 2nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
that's right! it is up to the mod to decide if it's spam or not. i'm not trying to promote or sell anything here!

boeing777
November 3rd, 2007, 02:10 AM
the theme is called Mac4Lin, search on the forum for more information, it's cool

boeing777
November 3rd, 2007, 04:07 AM
i don't know if i should continue with this blog. i need comments, pls! is the information useless? interesting? not interesting? will not visit again?

s_spiff
November 3rd, 2007, 08:12 AM
boeing777, no offence, but this isn't a place to market the blog. You write reviews and the sorts, but let the visitors post their comments as they wish, do not coax them to do it.

Besides, people will automatically post their comments once your blog attains some momentum of sorts. Right now, your blog caters to newbs basically, and although names experienceubuntu, has posts related windows and non-OSS, so small chances of getting readers.

P.S. Best you close down this thread, it'll only lead to more arguments over your posts in this thread.
P.P.S No flames intended, just my two cents.

n3tfury
November 3rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
i don't know if i should continue with this blog. i need comments, pls! is the information useless? interesting? not interesting? will not visit again?

it'll be hard to get regular readers, but just keep at it. track your visits.

bapoumba
November 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
If your blog is useful, it will get read. If you are just happy about blogging, that's the best point. There is no point at blogging or making threads for traffic only, or advertising , and in this case I will call it spam.

iladw
November 3rd, 2007, 11:51 AM
I like the colour scheme :)

Can you post some more apps?

kopinux
November 3rd, 2007, 12:08 PM

that is a normal mood for an author, just keep doing it.