PDA

View Full Version : TheMatrixOnline and wine

Eddie002Fast
November 2nd, 2007, 12:56 AM
i played MXO for over 2yrs..........and i installed MXO on my ubuntu comp and i updated/patched it then i logged in and got to the point (Loading Metro World) then it crashes on me 1/2 a sec before getting into the live game world DOH!!!!!!! :( .........................any help be much appreciated..........also i havent had any issues with ubuntu so far except for (windows games) but i guess the game part of Linux gonna take some fine tuning too get it too work..........any suggestions?
Thx in advance!

cogadh
November 2nd, 2007, 01:01 AM
Doesn't appear to work with WIne:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=8143

You really should check Wine's AppDB before trying to install anything, it can give you plenty of info on what you might need to do to get a game running and, more importantly, let you know what games are not worth trying.

Crafty Kisses
November 2nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
Doesn't work with WIne:

You really should check Wine's AppDB before trying to install anything, it can give you plenty of info on what you might need to do to get a game running and, more importantly, let you know what games are not worth trying.

That sucks, I liked Matrix Online, when people actually played it, I think that was in early 2005.

hikaricore
November 2nd, 2007, 01:10 AM
I could have swore we just had a thread about this yesterday..

Eddie002Fast
November 2nd, 2007, 01:40 AM
I started playing MXO Aug 1st 2005..............damn i cam so close too getting into the Loading Area of TheMatrix too :/

Eddie002Fast
November 2nd, 2007, 01:44 AM
Doesn't appear to work with WIne:

Thx cogadh............Damn your right that exact thing happened too me i had got to the Loading Metro World part then wine/mxo crashed :(

Eddie002Fast
November 2nd, 2007, 01:47 AM
Wonder if i should Dual Boot l WinXP (for games only) and ubuntu (for everything else).........unless any program out there is better than - Wine 0.9.46 ???
Hmm..........what about cadega or any others???

cogadh
November 2nd, 2007, 01:53 AM
Cedega and CrossOver are both actually based on Wine and for the most part work just as well as Wine (many times Wine will work better). The current version of Wine is 0.9.48, which might have better performance in some games (especially if you play any Steam-enabled games). Those are really your only options for playing Windows games within Linux, however, dual-booting is always an option. That's what I and many others already do around here.

Cochise
November 2nd, 2007, 01:56 AM
I could have swore we just had a thread about this yesterday..

we did

Eddie002Fast
November 2nd, 2007, 01:59 AM
Whats the best way to Dual Boot WinXP Pro and ubuntu ? WinXP Pro 1st (NTFS) then ubuntu 2nd (ext3) with a swap (Fat32 partition) in the middle? or you guys know a better partition mount senario ?

cogadh
November 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM
On my system I have two 120GB drives, the first for Windows, second for Linux. Generally speaking, the best way to do it is to install Windows first, then install Linux. Ubuntu will take care of setting up the necessary GRUB options to dual boot for you during its install. Windows and Linux cannot share a swap drive (AFAIK), so setting up the partitions with a swap in the middle wouldn't really do much for you.

Eddie002Fast
November 2nd, 2007, 02:18 AM
On my system I have two 120GB drives, the first for Windows, second for Linux. Generally speaking, the best way to do it is to install Windows first, then install Linux. Ubuntu will take care of setting up the necessary GRUB options to dual boot for you during its install. Windows and Linux cannot share a swap drive (AFAIK), so setting up the partitions with a swap in the middle wouldn't really do much for you.

Ok Thx Dude !!! :-D